Charlottesville

"Those who make peaceful process impossible make violent protest
inevitable."

Something the anti-democratic movement in the West needs to think about
if this is to be avoided in future.

Re: Charlottesville
On Sat, 12 Aug 2017 19:56:27 -0000 (UTC), Cursitor Doom

The real solution to all this crap is to simply defund ALL colleges
and universities from Federal funding, do away with guaranteed student
loans, award scholarships based only on MERIT (remember those?), and
expel anyone who infringes another's rights to free speech.

Watch "progressive" terrorism vanish over-night.

Watch punks learn that you need to work for a living.

                                        ...Jim Thompson
Re: Charlottesville

    And buy a shotgun to keep the dropouts off of your front porch?

--
Never piss off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

Re: Charlottesville

Simple, easy to understand, and wrong.
Vehicular homicide after strong political language isn't
caused by education.

Re: Charlottesville

Ummm- try first degree murder. Virginia WILL execute that idiot, who was from Ohio btw.

Re: Charlottesville

AIUI, he's only been charged with 2nd degree.

Re: Charlottesville

For first degree murder you have to show intent in the sense of
premeditation, planning.  With the little I presently know, I would expect
second degree is the appropriate charge.  If they find he had texted or
announced on public media any mention of the idea of killing protesters, I
expect that would be enough to charge him with first degree.

--

Rick C

Re: Charlottesville

He going to try a panic defense, that the counter protesters attacked his vehicle and he feared for his life, so he floored the vehicle to escape the situation as best he could.

Re: Charlottesville

When I first saw the incident that was what I assumed had happened and
for all I know that may actually be the case. I'd been watching a live
feed of the event from RT on and off for a couple of hours before the
crash and noticed the threatening and intimidating behaviour of the anti-
democrats towards isolated groups of alt-right supporters. Ugly, ugly
business in a supposedly civilised country and the police just stood back
and did nothing.

Re: Charlottesville

He needs to stand up to these scumbags at CNN and elsewhere who tell him
he needs to single out the "far right" for special condemnation and let
them know in no uncertain terms that he will not read from their script
and have words put into his mouth by the likes of them. Who the hell do
they think they are? Two-bit, lying, self-serving hacks who've long since
abandoned and desecrated the once-respected profession of journalism.

Re: Charlottesville

The Internet alt-right cheer squad are just dime-a-dozen perpetually
angry do-nothing racists who learned to string some words together
online to maybe give the impression that they're something that they
aren't or that they're fighting for something. But nobody's really fooled.

The reason Trump won't condemn them is that there are literally millions
of them. They're as common as shit and about as useful (to anyone else.)

Re: Charlottesville

Neither the Kekistan flag, nor Pepe the frog, which are both emblematic
of the alt-right, were present. The Yankee Stars and Stripes, which is
always present in any gathering of Trump supporters, was also notably
absent.

Instead, a few people carried a mix of Confederate, KKK, and Nazi flags.
Many of these flags appeared brand new, still with the packaging folds.

Was "Unite The Right" A Staged Media Event?
http://www.commonsenseevaluation.com

Re: Charlottesville

Maybe they wondered whether walking around in live action roleplaying
costumes, carrying tiki torches and holding flags with a cartoon frog on
them would, you know, make them look "too tough."

Re: Charlottesville

<http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.3406306.1502565830 !/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_1200/confederate-monuments-protest.jpg>

Violent agitators arrive from out of state bent on violence, murder an
extremely threatening looking crowd full of kids

Re: Charlottesville

    Just like you leftist fools, at Berkley!

--
Never piss off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

Re: Charlottesville

"alt right" = terrorists, murderers

Re: Charlottesville
On Sat, 12 Aug 2017 18:59:41 -0400, bitrex

"alt right" = figment of leftist imagination

Re: Charlottesville

"alt right" was coined by Richard Spencer, a white supremacist you know-nothing.

One has to wonder the mental state of someone who automatically blames everything they don't like on the political party they don't agree with.

http://www.npr.org/2016/11/27/503520811/the-white-nationalist-origins-of-the-term-alt-right-and-the-debate-around-it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alt-right

Re: Charlottesville

The extreme right doesn't have a thing to offer much of anyone but
slavery and death. Why do I have to respect their "right to free
speech"? Because it makes me a bad person if I don't? lol

Re: Charlottesville

If you don't respect the rights of all, who is to say your rights won't be
next to be ignored?  Far right, far left, they don't have much in common
except that they are both hated minorities.

Odd, isn't it, what they have in common is the thing they hate in general.

--

Rick C

Site Timeline