Charlottesville

"Those who make peaceful process impossible make violent protest inevitable."

Something the anti-democratic movement in the West needs to think about if this is to be avoided in future.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

The real solution to all this crap is to simply defund ALL colleges and universities from Federal funding, do away with guaranteed student loans, award scholarships based only on MERIT (remember those?), and expel anyone who infringes another's rights to free speech.

Watch "progressive" terrorism vanish over-night.

Watch punks learn that you need to work for a living. ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

Thinking outside the box...producing elegant & economic solutions.

Violent agitators arrive from out of state bent on violence, murder an extremely threatening looking crowd full of kids

Reply to
bitrex

Who said that?

More importantly, who gets to define "process" and has the right to violence if they don't get theirs?

lunatic fringe electronics

We've had this shit in the UK for about 400+ years. The Northern Irish Protestants just want to march peacefully through their ancestral homeland via long-established highways and byways yet the Republicans take every opportunity to deny them this right. They have been made strangers in their own land. Same thing's happening throughout the West. I find that indefensible.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

And buy a shotgun to keep the dropouts off of your front porch?

--
Never piss off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.

They go for over unity! ;-)
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Just like you leftist fools, at Berkley!

--
Never piss off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.

They go for over unity! ;-)
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

The left does, of course.

Reply to
krw

"alt right" = terrorists, murderers

Reply to
bitrex

"alt right" = figment of leftist imagination

Reply to
krw

Cursitor Doom has a rather bizarre definition of "march peacefully".

The Orange marches, particularly those celebrating the protestant victory a t the Battle of Boyne in 1690, do tend to noisy, and not all that well-beha ved. They were banned in 1836.

"That it is the opinion of this house that the existence of any political s ociety in Ireland, consisting exclusively of persons preferring one religio us faith, using secret signs and symbols, and acting by means of affiliated branches, tend to injure the peace of society ? to derogate from t he authority of the Crown, to weaken the supremacy of the law, and to impai r the religious freedom of his majesty's subjects in that part of the Unite d Kingdom."

The ban was effective for quite a while, but unfortunately wasn't sustained .

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Simple, easy to understand, and wrong. Vehicular homicide after strong political language isn't caused by education.

Reply to
whit3rd

Krw is right for once. The left wants to change things and the right wants to keep them much as they are. There's not a lot of "process" in the business of not changing things.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Ummm- try first degree murder. Virginia WILL execute that idiot, who was from Ohio btw.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

John Larkin wrote on 8/12/2017 5:33 PM:

Sounds like a question you could have asked 241 years ago.

--

Rick C
Reply to

Cursitor Doom wrote on 8/12/2017 3:56 PM:

I tend to be a bit isolated at times. I was focused on getting kayaks loaded in the truck today and had not listened to any news. Then I find just an hour drive from me people had been mowed down while protesting. I don't care if they were preaching love or spewing hate. They have the right to protest and not be killed for it.

I think Gov. McAuliffe was a little off mark by denouncing the protesters rather than the perpetrator of the violence regardless of that person's views.

--

Rick C
Reply to

"alt left" = liars and fools and the genderless.

--
Never piss off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.

They go for over unity! ;-)
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

And the violent... it isn't the right wing disrupting free speech at every college/university _by_force_. ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

Thinking outside the box...producing elegant & economic solutions.

I was going to say you have the brains of a pea... but then I realized I've met peas with more brains >:-} ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

Thinking outside the box...producing elegant & economic solutions.

They have all forgotten 'Kent State', as well.

--
Never piss off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.