Subject Author Posted Replies

Transimpedance amplifier
Hi all, I have designed my first transimpedance amplifier and would love to get some feedback. Goal is to convert the current of a photomultiplier to a voltage of -3V to +3V. Note that the current...
16
16

From Speech Recognition to Speaker Recognition?
Please see this thread in the CMU Sphinx forum: TIA -Ramon
20
20

Recommedations for marking ICs with a dot
I need to mark plastic ICs with a dot after they've been programmed. Any recommendations for a quick-drying ink or paint pen? I haven't seen any that are specifically recommended for electronics. But...
16
16

Nokia shedding its equipment?
For the scavengers... I must admit I haven't read through the details yet but timing is short and I thought someone might be interested... Regards Werner Dahn (drroooling)
1
1

A robot to make PCBs prototypes at home
Hi, We would like to present you our new project: TwinTeeth a PCB mini-factory. It is a multi-functional robot designed to make printed circuit boards at h ome. Make PCBs prototypes at home is a...
1
1

OT: Camille rocks
-- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing laser drivers and controllers jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
16
16

More bad caps
Hi, I've been given another batch of monitors to "re-cap". It's getting so that I can do this in my sleep. But, I'm noticing that many of the bad caps tend to be in *smaller* packages than the...
48
48

Delta-sigma class D
Say I have a delta-sigma modulator driving a class D power stage. Feedback is taken from the output of the power stage to an analog summing node prior to the delta sigma modulator. Does the...
8
8

Current Transformer Question
Suppose I have a current transformer where the primary current is half-wave rectified. In the ideal (Spice, natch ;-), nothing will show on the secondary. In real life, what would I see? ...Jim...
29
29

Hairspray as PCB Laquer
I like to keep the underside of my Veroboard projects from tarnishing. In terms of effect on compnents and resoldering, does anyone know if hairspray is an acceptable substitute for commercial PCB...
20
20

Strange Antenna - Quantum Anti-Wave
This is related to a highly dubious product, but I found the operating principle interesting. I have never heard of this effect before. Can anyone explain or verify it? Claus Jensen
4
4

Audio Refit (obs. STK IC)
I am refitting a unit with an output amp that used to use the SI-1125-HD ch ip. I have enough experience that I know not to trust people who are sellin g these chips now, if they are bad the seller...

Networking problem
Old setup: DSL -> modem -> router (masq IP) -> switch New setup DSL -> modem -> hub/switch (static IP) -> router (masq IP) -> switch We need to tap between the modem and router in order to have...
12
12

Brown material used in hybrids
Hi, in this NASA workshop handout on hermeticity testing there are a number of photos of semiconductors and some SMPS-looking hybrids. I'm wondering what the material is that they've used to tack down...
15
15

AC overvoltage protection
Could some electronics guru please help ? The certification standards for a wall- plug AC powered device in as Asian country states that : "for use on DC supplies up to 250 V or on AC supplies up to 1...
4
4