Subject Author Posted Replies

Zener Vs PN diode difference in forward mode
Apologies for the on-topic post. I have a class B amplifier with complementary Darlingtons for output, and an op-amp driving the tied-together bases with -ve feedback from the output. It's simple and...
47
47

OT: Net Neutrality
A Stand for Net Neutrality A message from GoDaddy CEO, Blake Irving In 2015, the tech industry and millions of individuals fought to legally protect the Internet from fast lanes and slow lanes,...

OT: Robert Kennedy Jr and Tucker Carlson interview on vaccines
Hi, cheers, Jamie
1
1

iPhone SE ??
After years of dragging my feet I'm considering a "smart" phone. As one who prefers a small phone, not a hand-distorter, I'm considering the iPhone SE. Comments? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson...
27
27

Separating high pass and low pass TIA output bands.
I have an assignment to design a transimpedance amplifier for a photodiode. The bandwidth is to be 40MHz, and there are to be two outputs, a high pass output above 20kHz and a low pass output below...
43
43

Google Project Bloks
Yeah - like this is really going to catch on:
8
8

Great UI
Lift design at its finest: NT
2
2

OT: Afternoon amusement...
OT: Afternoon amusement... perfecting after several years of experimenting ;-) Served up with root beer floats >:-} ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | |...

OT: Here's the answer...
OT: Here's the answer... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142 Skype:...
4
4

Michael Terrell? Anyone heard from him in awhile?
Michael Terrell? Anyone heard from him in awhile? He wasn't in the best of health. Hope he's OK. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's...
35
35

Driving an Audio Amp
Not exactly a design question but requires a more knowledgable audience than some other forums out there. Here we go. I have one of these wonderful old Technics stereo amps; massive great thing about...
15
15

LS/HCT/etc. logic familes
Is LS logic still at all relevant for new designs? Is HCT logic still at all relevant for new designs? Is the 74xx/4000-whatever series still at all relevant for new designs? Do you use them at all...
101
101

How the Japan Earthquake Shortened Days on Earth
Wait until the Earth hunts for a new rotational equilibrium after losing all that polar ice mass- there is a measurable nutation going on now. People are going to be thrown around like ragdolls- from...
1
1

OT: More Sunday Joy...
OT: More Sunday Joy... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142 Skype:...
35
35

It's Started
A gazzillion infrastructural failure mechanisms accelerated exponentially (per usual) by operation at elevated temperatures: This is just the stuff that makes itself known. It's the creepy hidden...
21
21