Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: More Sunday Joy...
OT: More Sunday Joy... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142 Skype:...
35
35

It's Started
A gazzillion infrastructural failure mechanisms accelerated exponentially (per usual) by operation at elevated temperatures: This is just the stuff that makes itself known. It's the creepy hidden...
21
21

Recognise this trace?
Gentlemen, The link below shows a scope trace of the output of a linear PSU (voltage 4.7VDC) with about 300mV of 100Hz ripple riding on it. This PSU is in- circuit under load from the boards it...
28
28

OT, An Obituary to keep you on the straight and narrow
Rather sad. Mikek
13
13

MC6566 Equivalent WITHOUT Hysteresis
I have a situation, somewhat like Klaus', where I need to (purposefully) use a comparator as a quasi-OpAmp. An MCP6566 fits the bill as to speed, open-drain output, and low supply requirements. What I...
21
21

OT: Road etiquette
Driving home last night I was approaching the right turn to my street and there was both a car flying up behind me, and a speedo-cyclist zipping along near the curb fast enough such that by the time I...
37
37

dermel'ing
Here's a UMC-to-SMB adapter, hand carved with a Dremel. I'm planning on doing a fairly complex proto with several UMC connectors, so I did this for practice. That connector is 0.1" square. It looms...
42
42

building an electromagnetic pulser for pain relief. Know which issue this was?
This may be of interest:
1
1

New Heath kit
Here's the latest kit offering, Patent pending. Cheers

Part identification
Hi I do really hope that at least one of the experts here is able to identify this part: My Far-East component tester delivers just one measurement result: 1194 ohms/408 mH between the two outer wires...
12
12

Nice TESLA battery array- 100 M.W. !
27
27

Ways to trigger a number of power transistors in sequence
Could some some electronics guru provide hints/suggestions. I have to trigger 16 power transistors in sequence, in round robin fashion. I am currently running SPICE simulations on a scaled down...
8
8

pulse width limiter
An ideal pulse-width limiter has zero rising-edge delay, programmable width, and zero recovery time. This isn't too bad: The first gate is acting like a line receiver, so doesn't count against my prop...
35
35

On Topic: ABCD (Transmission) Matrix Math
Suppose I have a source impedance, an ABCD matrix, and a load impedance. What formulas yield these outputs?: Input V(Source) Input I(Source) Input Z Input Return Loss Output V(Load) Output I(Load)...
11
11

Mini Tesla Coil design
I was daydreaming about building a miniature Tesla coil at some point as a weekend project. Like an 8-10" secondary with 500-700 turns of 28 gauge magnet wire, maybe. I thought it also might be fun to...
3
3