Subject Author Posted Replies

Using 4000 series logic to drive....?
Another jellybean logic implementation question: I have a circuit where I'd like to to count some pulses coming out of a 4000 series IC (4011B) operating at 6 volts into a '163-type counter and am...
171
171

Photodiode bootstrap phase rolloff
Hi all, I am currently working on a range-switched photodiode design for use in our laboratory [1]. It took me a while, but I've arrived at a design I'm fairly happy with (in no small part thanks to...
16
16

What Is This Strange Valve Circuit?
The valve circuit below appears to be a type of four stage amplifier. Can anyone tell me the approximate gain and bandwidth? The 60" antenna would tend to indicate 197MHz full wave, but is this (or...
6
6

Electrolytic cap reverse voltage?
What is the maximum reverse voltage a polarized electrolytic capacitor can withstand? I have a 1uF electrolytic cap rated at 50 volts. Is it safe to reverse charge this cap to 1.5 volts? .
16
16

bridge
If you are ever driving out I80 past Auburn, stop at Ikedas for a burger and a pie, and check out the bridge. North of Auburn is Grass Valley, a sort of tiny Silicon Valley. That started when Tek...
43
43

It's alive... It's alive...
It's alive... It's alive... for the punchline scroll down... | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Borrowing my father's retort when asked, "How are you doing?"... "I'm...
44
44

New electronic bench tools received
I did not know that Weller put each of their tip replacements in such a fancy package. 2 of their PTS7-ND tips arrived in the Digikey package. Also, a small tin of Chip Quick Tip Tinner; that looks...

Finally got a clamp DMM
Some time ago I started a thread about cheap Chinese-made clamp meters. I finally got around to ordering one and received it yesterday. FSD ranges 2A, 20A, 200A. Cost US$5.84 shipped. The external...
17
17

nice toaster
So many consumer gadgets are really junk, or over-featured messes, or need to be repaired/redesigned immediately. Like I bought a couple of Weber gas bbq's that make flames about 1/8" high and blow...
22
22

Subsea permafrost on East Siberian Arctic Shelf in accelerated decline
This could go off like a bomb, figuratively speaking. "Dr. Semiletov added that the 5 billion tonnes of methane that is currently in the Earth?s atmosphere represents about one percent of the froz en...
28
28

Any hobbyist OPM magnetometers yet? picotesla, like a SQUID
Flying a raster pattern with a detector over the landscape; I bet the real money is in undiscovered pallasites, not ancient submerged anchors or cannon. And, go get a shovel, no need for rental marine...
18
18

Active filter with gain
Dear all, I need an as high order as possible filter for ~80kHz small signals with good phase linearity (don't care much about the amplitude response flatness). My current choice is to use LTC1562-2...
60
60

4A2D LDO Specs
I am trying to find a definitive document (English preferred) that outlines the official output current capability of the 4A2D (@ 3.3V). I see that the official schematic for the stm32 "blue pill" PCB...
8
8

OT: Pew Current Events Quiz
I got all 10 out of 10.
55
55

SED for future generations, or just a place to find post details
Hi So, my first SED post was probably 20 years ago From my point of view SED is great, learning stuff I could only find with c onsiderable effort in textbooks, apart from the too many OT posts So a...
14
14