bridge

If you are ever driving out I80 past Auburn, stop at Ikedas for a burger and a pie, and check out the bridge.

North of Auburn is Grass Valley, a sort of tiny Silicon Valley. That started when Tek acquired the Grass Valley Group. LTC has a design center there.

Mo knows a lady who fell off the bridge, landed in some bushes, and survived.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I'm trying to remember whose design center it was _many_ years ago when I consulted there. What impressed me was the people who had wolves behaving like pet dogs ;-) ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

Thinking outside the box...producing elegant & economic solutions.

It came to me in my sleep last night... Silicon Systems Inc, Grass Valley, mid/late '80's.

Not is my Projects Directory... it was BC (before CAD). I did a hard drive controller chip design... I was called in because they wanted a competing chip to a National part, but wanted to avoid any IP or patent infringements issues.

Since I had _no_clue_ about hard drive controllers I was perfect for the job ;-)

I did my design purely based on specifications.

Ending up performing better than National's part >:-} ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

Thinking outside the box...producing elegant & economic solutions.

The the premier suicide location in our area.

The one that trespassed onto a catwalk underneath the bridge, tried a selfie and in the process fell off?

Not real wolves, people around here have wolf hybrids. Mixes between a regular dog and a wolf. They are smart animals but are often not exhibiting some of the typical dog behavior. For example, our machine shop manager could throw a ball, his wolf-dog would look at him and sit down instead of chasing after the ball. "Well, it was you who threw it away, so go get it yourself".

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

so it is half cat?

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

I had a Burmese that would play ball with me better than _any_ dog. ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

Thinking outside the box...producing elegant & economic solutions.

wolves behaving like pet dogs ;-) "

Wolves are quite intelligent. I knew a half German shepherd half wolf that was the most intelligent dog I have ever seen. Knew his left from right, co uld almost talk.

The only dog that came even close to that level was a Rhodesian Ridgeback. My buddy won him in a poker game. They are very similar to a retriever, but they have the unique ability to jump really high. They were used for lion hunting or something like that in Rhodesia and were bait I guess, but jumped up high enough so the hunter could shoot the lion .

But this half wolf, damn. He used to like to get drunk at our parties. They took him to concerts. He was never on a leash, in fact he learned how to o pen the door when he was ready to go out whoring around. The dog catcher co uld never catch him either. He was too fast and smart.

I believe in some states it is illegal to have a wolf as a pet, but I don't see why. But then they just make up laws not thinking about anything.

Reply to
jurb6006

We had an American Long Hair Patio Cat that would fetch as well as any dog. It would come when called, too. Had him 15 years, before a dog got him. He was the last cat we had that made it outside. They don't even try anymore.

Reply to
krw

Australian Cattle Dogs are pretty smart, as are border collies.

Wild animals are illegal in most places. They can be quite dangerous, particularly in densely populated areas. In the middle of Montana, probably not so much.

Reply to
krw

The Brat has one of those Aussie cow things. It looks ferocious but it's a wimp, and about as smart as the average potted plant.

lunatic fringe electronics

Our goldie (RIP) would go chase the ball and then keep it. Too smart. More fun than just throwing letting you throw it again. We had to use two tennis balls and if she could have stuffed them both in her mouth it would have been three.

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Looks ferocious? They're almost as fearsome as a Chihuahua.

krw

Sounds like she got a broken one then. Also, if you keep a Blue Heeler (as they're known here, shortened to Bluey) in a suburban backyard, it will quickly become mentally ill. They want and need continuous activity and stimulus.

Clifford Heath.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

A hacker from YouTube has such a cat:

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Website: http://seventransistorlabs.com

Was this a first generation 1/2 wolf or second generation 1/4, 2/4 or

3/4 wolf ? This may explain the behaviors of different crossbreeds.
Reply to
upsidedown

Very true, also they are sheep dogs!!

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

Maybe she's not a city dog. She loves being out in the woods. If we have a group of people hiking, she will herd us, push us together, then run ahead and behind, off to the sides, probably looking for threats.

lunatic fringe electronics

that was the most intelligent dog I have ever seen. Knew his left from rig ht, could almost talk.

back. My buddy won him in a poker game. They are very similar to a retrieve r, but they have the unique ability to jump really high.

d were bait I guess, but jumped up high enough so the hunter could shoot th e lion.

. They took him to concerts. He was never on a leash, in fact he learned ho w to open the door when he was ready to go out whoring around. The dog catc her could never catch him either. He was too fast and smart.

That's true of a lot of dogs and also why ownership needs to be regulated.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Japanese. Let's hope Trump let's them stay.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

My Burmese (El Cyd, "Sid" for short :-) was _fast_, and the ball was a high bouncing "super ball".

And he was impatient, he'd jump straight up and snatch the ball out of the air! ...Jim Thompson