Subject Author Posted Replies

Which pair of magnets exerts the stronger pull?
College physics is too many decades in the past. I hope someone can help me estimate which of the two arrangements below will have the stronger external field as defined below. Magnets: Neodymium N50...
8
8

VME/6U Eurocard thermals
We're designing a 32-channel SSR board, in a 6U VME Eurocard format. The relays will be home-made, a pair of self-protecting mosfets back-to-back. These things need too much gate drive for a PV...

Strange Valve Circuit - Redrawn for Clarity
It was requested that I redraw the tube circuit in my previous thread. Please see link below. From what I can tell, the tubes are connected in parallel as gain stages. I have a couple of questions....
47
47

An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth To Power (2017)- Official Trailer - Paramount Pictures
It's impossible to exaggerate what's coming:
28
28

soda PDF ???
Anyone using soda PDF ??? Comments? Criticisms? I'm getting fed up with Foxit's quirks. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and...
20
20

Thyrectors (TVS Diode)
This brings back memories of my current loop teletype days (driven by an 80 08). Having learned that I needed a reversed biased diode in my relay drivi ng circuit, I then encountered the relay turn...
3
3

Using 4000 series logic to drive....?
Another jellybean logic implementation question: I have a circuit where I'd like to to count some pulses coming out of a 4000 series IC (4011B) operating at 6 volts into a '163-type counter and am...
171
171

Photodiode bootstrap phase rolloff
Hi all, I am currently working on a range-switched photodiode design for use in our laboratory [1]. It took me a while, but I've arrived at a design I'm fairly happy with (in no small part thanks to...
16
16

What Is This Strange Valve Circuit?
The valve circuit below appears to be a type of four stage amplifier. Can anyone tell me the approximate gain and bandwidth? The 60" antenna would tend to indicate 197MHz full wave, but is this (or...
6
6

Electrolytic cap reverse voltage?
What is the maximum reverse voltage a polarized electrolytic capacitor can withstand? I have a 1uF electrolytic cap rated at 50 volts. Is it safe to reverse charge this cap to 1.5 volts? .
16
16

bridge
If you are ever driving out I80 past Auburn, stop at Ikedas for a burger and a pie, and check out the bridge. North of Auburn is Grass Valley, a sort of tiny Silicon Valley. That started when Tek...
43
43

It's alive... It's alive...
It's alive... It's alive... for the punchline scroll down... | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Borrowing my father's retort when asked, "How are you doing?"... "I'm...
44
44

New electronic bench tools received
I did not know that Weller put each of their tip replacements in such a fancy package. 2 of their PTS7-ND tips arrived in the Digikey package. Also, a small tin of Chip Quick Tip Tinner; that looks...

Finally got a clamp DMM
Some time ago I started a thread about cheap Chinese-made clamp meters. I finally got around to ordering one and received it yesterday. FSD ranges 2A, 20A, 200A. Cost US$5.84 shipped. The external...
17
17

nice toaster
So many consumer gadgets are really junk, or over-featured messes, or need to be repaired/redesigned immediately. Like I bought a couple of Weber gas bbq's that make flames about 1/8" high and blow...
22
22