OT: Pew Current Events Quiz

I got all 10 out of 10.

Reply to
Wanderer

Which means that you are neglecting electronics.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

2/10. I'm either retarded or neglecting news - pretty sure it's the latter. Despite having days of downtime atm, which I never like.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

8/10 sneaky.. they've appended some personal questions.. ..and now they know that I got a pee-pee, am getting old and am not the sharpest one...
Reply to
Johann Klammer

Me too, which is a bit odd since I'm a long way from the US.

Clearly, by John Larkin's reckoning, I'm not doing enough electronics. Also a bit odd, since I've recently started pushing my low-distortion oscillator circuit diagrams into KiCAD, though not all that energetically.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney (but in Nijmegen, Netherlands at the moment)
Reply to

I'm trying to break my Donald Trump addiction.. no news sites (except for sports news, well science too.)

George h.

Reply to
George Herold

Uncomplicated moron level questions...

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

"started", "not all that energetically"

So Larkin is right but he said something so you had to complain about it...

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Narcissists need a podium... thus the bloviating over nothing. ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

Thinking outside the box...producing elegant & economic solutions.

Today's SF Chronicle is All Trump front to back, except for the quack ads for hearing aids and joint pain pills and the world's best walking cane. The NY Times is no better, just absurd fashion ads instead of geezer gear.

There seems to be nothing going on except politics. I think most of the public is going to turn off to this.

The science sites are mostly silly too.

lunatic fringe electronics

Right, to be fair, Trump likes to say things that keep him front and center. He did it all during the campaign and looks to continue.

Well science less silly than the sports.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

That's what they're counting on, so the can slip Hillary into the White house.

You wouldn't expect "journalists" to be able to write about science?

Reply to
krw

Not the writing. At least there are some facts in the sports section.

Reply to
krw

Also a bit odd, since I've recently started pushing my low-distortion oscil lator circuit diagrams into KiCAD, though not all that energetically.

Find me a customer, and I'll get a lot more energetic. I worked in industry for about thirty years, and some habits get ingrained.

..

John Larkin is hardly ever right, and in this case you can read enough abou t US politics (even when outside the country) to ace that particular set of questions without spending very much time at it at all. I don't know wheth er John Larkin has a low reading rate, or finds it difficult to get his hea d around complicated subjects (like transformer design) but he seems to hav e very low expectations of human processing capacity, perhaps biased too he avily by his own dire performance.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Larkin is rarely right, and he wasn't there either.

As Jim neatly illustrates.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Arghhh Noooo! Let's hope and pray that the Clinton's are forever gone from the political scene. (I held my nose and voted for both of them.. but no more please.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

There have been thousands of scientific breakthroughs that could cure cancer or replace the transistor or generate fusion energy.

lunatic fringe electronics

What, you got your age and gender correct?

:-) Mikek Btw. I got 10 out of 10, but I'm not really sure that's a good thing.

Reply to
amdx

The number of home runs hit yesterday is a fact.

Reply to
krw

Ask any English-speaking science reporter. People with a little less credulity than John Larkin don't take them all that seriously, and do try to get back to the peer-reviewed paper that prompted the newspaper report.

Reading Dutch-language science reporting has raised my expectations - most Dutch-language science reporters do have science degrees (and can write pretty good English too).

has an introduction by Robbert Dijkgraaf in immaculate English (but he's a physicist rather than a reporter, though he did used to show up on Dutch TV quite frequently).

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to