Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: OT: Epstein: 'Conspiracy theorists' proved right again
Well, it's not all over yet. Let's see if the authorities proceed against Ghislain Maxwell (her father Robert, a newspaper magnate, also died in suspicious circumstances after fleecing a pension fund)...
101
101

Power Line Grounds Near Water
I read an interesting article about potential drownings around docks with p ower connections. Some researchers say the ground connection which goes al l the way back to the power line transformer...
72
72

Has Google changed it's format?
Now, when I do a google image search, I click a picture and I get a box on the right side about 43% of the width, with that picture I clicked on, on top and a little text below and then 6 or 8 more...
25
25

AoE x-Chapters, 4x.26, MOSFET current source, nodal analysis
Here's a new section I'm hoping to complete, so it can be added to the x-Chapter book before it goes to the printer in a few weeks. Please look it over, but don't be too harsh, about its lack of...
60
60

Bitscope (Micro BS05) and 32bit Linux
I got one of those. Today, I tried to set up two oscilloscope probes. (the frequency compensation capacitor) I noticed the following things in bitscope-dso: when adjusting the cap, the waveshape...
4
4

Resonant circuit design
In e.g. VCO design, assuming a less than ideal varactor/varicap, is there a particular resonant circuit/tank topology or ratio of components where given a base operating frequency with no control...
22
22

MPPC front end with SAV-551+ pHEMT bootstrap
So I'm doing this multi-pixel photon counter front end for a SEM cathodoluminescence detector. The proto uses a Hamamatsu S13362-3050DG cooled MPPC running at a gain of about 1.7E6, so each...
11
11

Simple salt-water detector, go/no-go type discrimination or better?
Any ideas. It will not be permanently immersed in salt-water, just the odd sampling. Ancient unmaintained sewer system has breaches to tidal sea-water at high tides from cracked and dislodged...
34
34

Need more battery capacity
I have been working on my drone, which has many improvements over the "off the shelf" drones. I am nearly ready to fly my drone to the moon, and plan to be the first drone to land on the moon. But I...
45
45

Value of Time
I visited a medical office web site and tried to get information on where t hey are and who practices in which office. I tried three different ways on their web site and none of them returned any...
8
8

T904 board
Here's another big board. This is the main part of a test set to production test a laser controller. Upper-left is a MicroZed, which is the compute/FPGA and communications bit. Upper right are a...
5
5

Re: Petty White Nationalists
Whoey Louie wrote in news: No. That is what you said in your post. What you apparently did not do is actually read the thread and the discussion, while you are clearly and merely still on your...
15
15

Harvesting energy from 3-phase
A customer has a three-phase supply drawing from 50A to 100A at nominally 60Hz. He wants to tap some power from this without any electrical contact, so probably using say three current transformers...
20
20

Low voltage negative resistance oscillator design, lessons learned
Don't bother with discretes if you want a negative resistor when you have low psu headroom, all the discrete negative resistance topologies, lambda diodes, foldback limiters, etc. are bad at a couple...
119
119

Amplification factor for common emitter amplifier
Is it possible to calculate the amplification factor for an amplifier,, e.g., a common emitter amplifier. This is because the amplification depends very much on the biasing condition, and so without a...
37
37