2.4 GHz DVB-S transmitter test setup working

2.4 GHz DVB-S transmitter test setup working

The whole test setup is remotely controlled via ethernet (white lead). I took the ADF4350 test code I wrote and integrated it with the ts2iq program I wrote earlier (
), so now the ADF4350 board (foreground) provides 2.4 GHz to the AD8346 QAM modulator on the board north of it, the VCOs are now disabled on that board. What comes out is mixed down in the black box on the right, and fed into a long coax that goes to the PC where the first picture is taken from.

Will try to fit that ADF4350 board on the big eurocard, else we need a separate card..

A few simple command line options in ts2iq_pi allows now to set any frequency between 138 MHz and 4.4 GHz, as well ar 4 output levels in dBm. I already have the driver amp and a 70 W power amp... The rest is boxes.

The other stuff on the table is either used, or was helpful in testing this. :-)

On the spectrum analyzer things look good too, and note the QAM constellation in the first picture.

The Raspberry generates all signals, video stream is on SDcard, it controls the ADF4350 too. Symbolrate 1500.. FEC 1/2.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

When OPTA^WACM calls, I will tell them I've never heard of you. :D

Protip: Buy a boat... Captain Midnight got caught partly because he was at a fixed location.

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds

What is the use of this transmitter?

(for surveliance, I just use a IP camera and my NAS)

Cheers

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

Yes. In a bar, bragging while the feds were sitting near him. The uplink he used is sitting abandoned about 15 minutes from here. He was caught because there were only a few uplinks not in use at that time, and by the FCC engineers identifying the character generator he used. Then it was a simple matter of tailing him, till he admitted guilt.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

On a sunny day (Wed, 10 Dec 2014 13:23:37 -0800 (PST)) it happened Klaus Kragelund wrote in :

It will be for DVB-S ATV. And the 2.4 GHz mode will be for the Qatar ATV sat to be lauched in 2016.

Qatar geostationay satellite:

Linear transponder 2400.050 - 2400.300 MHz Uplink

10489.550 - 10489.800 MHz Downlink

Wideband digital transponder 2401.5 - 2409.5 MHz Uplink

10491.0 - 10499.0 MHz Downlink

The insane replies by the usual clueless lurkers here best be ignored. It is 100% legal, I have the licenses.

But it seems they do not.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje