Basic objects in Eagle schematic

I am trying to build a basic circuit in eagle and have found components that I was unable to find in other basic software. (such as mosfet, thermistor etc) But I cannot find these basic items in the schematic. - A incandescent bulb - A simple on - off switch

Can only find an LED and a switch with multiple connections.

First time I have used Eagle, previous I was just using Dia to layout simple traces.

Reply to
Eric Bauld

For switches look in "special.lbr" , "switch-misc.lbr" , "switch-omron.lbr" , "switch.lbr for bulbs and lamps you might have to create your own !

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

People who are trying to decide *which* ECAD package to use should **first** read Markus Zingg's Usenet post about EAGLE.

*-*-*-Santa-Barbara+Kevin.Bolding+KiCAD+BIG-caveat+Markus.Zingg+FreePCB+zzz+Easily-*-*-*-*+counter-intuitivenews: snipped-for-privacy@79g2000cws.googlegroups.com

Again, I advise reading Markus' post BEFORE doing this.

A basic skill of using an ECAD is learning how to use the Library Editor. Prof. Bolding's are the gold standard for EAGLE tutorials.

Several of the links in my old post are now dead or deprecated (Google deprecated their old syntax).

If you're interested, you may find old copies of those pages in the Wayback Machine:

...and, as noted in that post, the _best_ place for EAGLE info is Cadsoft's own groups and Cadsoft's site.

Reply to
JeffM

archive.org/

Thanks, I managed to find the library editor and follow some tutorials to get the parts I required for the schematic.

Fairly new to this so I did not know it even existed.

Now that I know it is there, should make things easier.

- Thanks

*had to post via google groups. My mail server is broken :(
Reply to
eric