saving schematic revisions in eagle?

Is there anyway to (semi)automatically save revisions of schematics (and boards) in eagle?

thanks

- jim

jim

Hello Jim,

Not really, AFAICT. But I find it risky to let a CAD system decide on when to bump the rev level. In SW engineering I have seen some rather nasty consequences. I always do that by hand in the schematic and also the file name. During design (important for the design history file) it goes X1, X1 and so on, then on release it switches to A. Changing the file name ensures that the previous rev level remains 'frozen'.

In my case it looks like this: ZV036x2.sch

where ZV is the client code, 036 is the file number which must match the document file number and x2 is the rev level.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg