WARNING !!!!!!!

**  WARNING  to   ALL   Aus.Electronics  readers !!!

Do  NOT   have any dealings  ** whatsoever **   with the

ANONYMOUS  raving  psychopath calling itself  "Dave".

This guy is a raving,  GRANDIOSE    NUT   CASE

The guy is dangerously   SELF   DELUDED    !!!!!

Report immediately any apparently dangerous and / or illegal IEC leads you
find to the relevant state safety authority  -  that will be the same state
from which the item/s were supplied.

If   YOU  have bought any such leads from overseas  -   then  YOU  are the
importer and must  DESTROY  them and replace them with locally  APPROVED
and correctly labelled examples.

Failure to do so could result in YOU facing criminal prosecution and a
massive damages pay out.

Do not imagine any liability insurer will touch you with a  * barge pole *
if you are guilty of passing on illegal and unsafe electrical goods.

YOU  have been  WARNED   !!!!

......   Phil

Re: WARNING !!!!!!!

<psychotic rant snipped>

PA has finally completely unhinged!!!

Re: WARNING !!!!!!!

What do you mean, "finally"?

Re: WARNING !!!!!!!

Is it a full moon?   Toaster Boi normally plays up when there's a full moon.
Hence a friend of mine says "I think there's a bad moon a rising........"
(CCR)

Re: WARNING !!!!!!!

...............or his dealer got some more crystal meth!

Re: WARNING !!!!!!! and the reason behind it (I guess)

I got a blast for content snipping before, yet... I think what is causing
the latest outburst is the content Phil snipped out of my previous post.  I
am reposting this because I noticed it didn't propogate onto the bigpond
servers (how unusual).  Since we have different ISPs at our different
offices, one of which is bigpond (the least reliable too I might add) I will
post it again...

Just to re-iterate Phil's warning, we are obviously dangerouly deranged.
Seriously, as he pointed out please do contact the regulator in the state
you purchased the product, they are a serious hazard, otherwise we wouldn't
be wasting our time with this project.

========
For kreed, and any others holding similar leads, if you do not wish to
contact one of the State based regulators yourself then please feel free to
email me and I will add these to the details for a number of samples I
already hold.  As time permits my company has been preparing test reports
(gratis) against AS/NZS3191 and AS/NZS3112 for non-compliant leads. These
tests will be completed over the next 30 days and a detailed submission
including the test reports will be submitted to both the NSW DFT and the Qld
DIR.

Anyone wishing to submit samples will be required to make a statement
regarding the time and point of supply, the details will be discussed by
email and telephone.  Please note, if you supply any samples they must be
recently purchased and please do not go out looking for items to
specifically send to us as this program is drawing to a close.  Samples that
are sent may or may not be used as part of the testing program.  Most likely
they will be used to cross-reference against those that are already in the
program.  Samples will not be returnable once received but instead I will
offer a replacement cord by return post.  Until such time as the regulators
conduct and conclude an investigation we will not be able to individually
supply or publicly release test results or findings, otherwise we risk
getting sued.

For the record we are not in the cord business, nor the supply of any other
type of consumer products that would profit from the action we are taking.
This is solely being done because of the gravity of the problem and in the
interest of the public good.  We are not receiving reward nor recompense for
this action, which was commenced in Sept 2006.

I can be contacted on the following email:  au snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com.au
In the subject line please put   "AU cord-set compliance review"

=========

Re: WARNING !!!!!!!

[...]

I think we've all got the message now Phil.

Friday

Re: WARNING !!!!!!!

"Friday"

**  Anonymous Dave is still posting his crazy crap here.

 And  YOU do no speak for anyone,   fuckwit.

........  Phil

Re: WARNING !!!!!!!

Looks to me like this Dave fellow is trying to do the right thing, and he
doesn't appear to be a foul-mouthed lunatic. How about you leave him alone
and go and shout at traffic?

Re: WARNING !!!!!!!

"Poxy the Anonymous Prick "

**  Shame anonymous, grandiose  " Dave " has done every  WRONG  thing
possible so far.

** Poxy has no idea  WHO  the hell Dave is.

Poxy has no idea what Dave is  REALLY up to.

Cos Poxy has proved himself, over and over,  to be an even  BIGGER  raving
nut than the mysterious Dave.

Poxy by name   -   poxy by nature.

......   Phil

Re: WARNING !!!!!!!

Switch the webcam on so we can all watch the vein bulging in your forehead.

Re: WARNING !!!!!!!

Send me some spiders.

Re: WARNING !!!!!!!

No. You are wrong. He's offered to take evidence of sub-standard, possibly
dangerous leads forward to the relevant authorities if individuals don't
want to pursue the issue themselves.

This is a very serious issue - surely you realise this - what are you
offering to do? Post in capital letters and abuse people?

If I'm a "raving nut" because I think sub-standard mains cables are a
terrible risk that could result in catastrophic failure that endangers life
and should be addressed urgently, then I'll happily accept the label.

The question is, why do you seek to belittle, abuse and sabotage the efforts
of a concerned individual that is seeking to take positive action?

Re: WARNING !!!!!!!

Because that's his lot in life. And his attentions go beyond any individual.

Re: WARNING !!!!!!!

"Poxy the Anonymous Prick "

**  Poxy   -  you are an utter  FUCKWIT !

** That anonymous Dave idiot is not offering to do any bloody thing.

Here are the FACTS:

Any dealers supplying dangerous IEC appliance leads must be stopped ASAP  -
in order to save lives.

The  ONLY  way to do that is by reporting them to the relevant authority
ASAP  -   which involves no more than a phone call and maybe supplying a
sample lead to them by mail.

Action can then be taken virtually immediately  -  the culprit will receive
a visit from government inspectors with legal authority to confiscate
dangerous items and initiate prosecutions.

If the problem is seen to be widespread -  public warning notices will be
published in the media.

When I raised this same matter here back on 2002,  Ross Herbert took the
sample IEC lead that I posted to him in Perth to the WA electrical safety
authority.  WA inspectors then carried out a shop to shop sweep of a large
number of PC dealers in the Perth area, checking the both the stock on show
& buried in cartons and making sure the dealers were all aware of the strict
legal regulations regarding the sale of such leads.

When I contacted Fair Trading here is Sydney, the inspectors assured me they
would act very quickly if provided with the name and address of anyone
suppling illegal and dangerous IEC leads.

So, if anyone out there has an IEC lead like the one mentioned by "kreed"  &
knows where and who it came from then there is ONLY one responsible thing
for them to do.

Why anyone would  NOT wish do that is beyond comprehension.

.......   Phil

Re: WARNING !!!!!!!

Where do we report dangerous nut cases on the loose?!!!

Re: WARNING !!!!!!!

Where do we report dangerous nut cases on the loose?!!!

***When did you get out???

Brian g

Re: WARNING !!!!!!!

You're almost as funny as PA.