Viking Modular's SATADIMM jacks an SSD into your memory slot

Viking Modular's SATADIMM jacks an SSD into your memory slot

Explaining the differences between DRAM and non-volatile storage is about to get
that little bit harder, thanks to
Viking Modular. The company's decided to "borrow" the DIMM form factor for its
latest enterprise SSD offering, equipping
it with a 240-pin array to draw power from your spare memory slots. Of course,
you'll still need to hook up a SATA cable
to get data flowing to this SSD -- at a very respectable 260MBps for both read
and write -- but we must admit we're in
love with the very idea of it.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/27/viking-modulars-satadimm-jacks-an-ssd-into-your-memory-slot /

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Viking Modular's SATADIMM jacks an SSD into your memory slot

http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/27/viking-modulars-satadimm-jacks-an-ssd-into-your-memory-slot /

Do I will let U send me one to trial for you OK??????