banana jacks

Here's the proto 4-layer board, the one with three different test circuits. The real innovation "that will improve all humanity" is the banana jacks for power and ground. HH Smith #101.

ftp://jjlarkin.lmi.net/Z290A_pcb.JPG

The SMBs are for TDR testing trace impedances through all layers. I didn't do too well, getting 60.2, 75.8, and 69.4 ohms on various layers, target being 50. But I called out really sloppy stackup tolerances to keep cost down... this is only 100 MHz stuff, so it really doesn't matter.

ftp://jjlarkin.lmi.net/Z290A_TDR_J4.JPG

AP Circuits did a nice job. We ordered 6 boards and they gave us 7.

John

At least until you put it down on a metal tabletop. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal

http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

yeh, should have had a hole in each corner for a stand-off spacers

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

The banana jacks are nice spacers. And my workbench is Ikea wood.

John