VGA output on DVD Player.

I plugged in a vga monitor on to a bose dv 360 player and found the
output scrambled|unwatchable.

Are there differences in VGA on DVD players to that of PCs ?

Re: VGA output on DVD Player.

A Bose piece of equipment.
Explains it all.  LOL

Re: VGA output on DVD Player.

Seriously, most modern computer monitors can't sync to a vertical 50 or 60Hz
frame rate
or to the slower horizontal frequency of video signals intended for TV,
which might explain
the problem you are having.

Check you monitor's specifications to see what range of vertical and
horizontal sync frequencies
it can handle.

Cheers,
Alan

Re: VGA output on DVD Player.

On Jan 17, 5:29A0%pm, "Alan Rutlidge"

You may be interested to know I didnt pay for the bose dvd.
 I came accross it because its power supply had blown, and I managed
to relace it with one out of my junk box .

I assumed the output was auto sensing!? and would produce the
appropriate signal if you plugged in a VGA monitor.

This is apparently not the case.

Re: VGA output on DVD Player.

And it sounded as good as it looked ! OK, maybe marginally better....

geoff

Re: VGA output on DVD Player.

under the video out settings check for "progressive scan output" or RGB
mode . some units also have a physical switch to set the out put from
CVBS (composite) YUV (component) or VGA (RGBHV)

Re: VGA output on DVD Player.

I did try another monitor which had the same problem.

YOur suggestion is probably the solution, however I dont have the
remote to access video output settings .
If i can locate a remote for the unit I will try it out.

Thanks

Re: VGA output on DVD Player.

Dear customer, I couldn't fix your DVD player so you'll have to purchase a
new one. If you're not using the old remote can I have it? :-)))

Thanks

Site Timeline