Turn your Rigol DS1052E Oscilloscope into a 100MHz DS1102E - Page 10

Re: Conroy - Public Enemy #1 - Re: Turn your Rigol DS1052E Oscilloscope into a 100MHz DS1102E

Calling me ignorant and stupid does not enhance your argument.

If you have thought about this for many years and come to the
conclusion that you are totally opposed [to all government] censorship
then you are not very bright.

That is so silly as to be laughable.
Access to information is controlled all the time.  For instance, I am
not going to have access to nuclear launch codes.  If I have a Top
Secret Security Clearance I am automatically going along with the
concept of government censorship and not pass along government
information to others.

When a person enters an airport they are immediately in a censored
state.  Perhaps you think that every single person SHOULD be allowed
to go into an airplane and start saying whatever they want like "I
have a bomb", but that will pretty much get you tossed in prison
without very many people (except perhaps you) wringing their hands
about excessive government censorship.

And to think you have spent countless years thinking about this stuff
and none of these simple ideas ever crossed your mind????  I have only
been thinking about this for a few hours and already I can realize
that no government censorship at all is a really really simple minded
idea.

Re: Conroy - Public Enemy #1 - Re: Turn your Rigol DS1052E Oscilloscope into a 100MHz DS1102E

You seem to be completely confused about the differences between20%
censorship, privacy, and secrecy.  That should be damn embarrassing20%
for someone that actually holds a secret clearance.

And here you are discussing stupidity.
All the years you have spent "thinking" about this stuff have been20%
amazingly unfruitful.

Re: Conroy - Public Enemy #1 - Re: Turn your Rigol DS1052E Oscilloscope into a 100MHz DS1102E

Calling me ignorant and stupid does not enhance your argument.

Nevertheless it is an accurate description of you.

If you have thought about this for many years and come to the
conclusion that you are totally opposed [to all government] censorship
then you are not very bright.

You are distorting the censorship debate by introducing what is
obviously irrelevant.

That is so silly as to be laughable.

Access to information is controlled all the time.  For instance, I am
not going to have access to nuclear launch codes.  If I have a Top
Secret Security Clearance I am automatically going along with the
concept of government censorship and not pass along government
information to others.

When a person enters an airport they are immediately in a censored
state.  Perhaps you think that every single person SHOULD be allowed
to go into an airplane and start saying whatever they want like "I
have a bomb", but that will pretty much get you tossed in prison
without very many people (except perhaps you) wringing their hands
about excessive government censorship.

For fuck's sake, grow up and stop confusing censorship with security.

And to think you have spent countless years thinking about this stuff
and none of these simple ideas ever crossed your mind????  I have only
been thinking about this for a few hours and already I can realize
that no government censorship at all is a really really simple minded
idea.

Think about it a bit further, it might take someone like you longer to
understand why censoring Internet sites is the opposite of freedom.

Re: Conroy - Public Enemy #1 - Re: Turn your Rigol DS1052E Oscilloscope into a 100MHz DS1102E

Do you know anything about electronics?

John

Re: Conroy - Public Enemy #1 - Re: Turn your Rigol DS1052E Oscilloscope into a 100MHz DS1102E

Yes i do, it was my first career choice, then I realized the big money
was not going to come your way if you called yourself an engineer.
Sad but true...

Re: Conroy - Public Enemy #1 - Re: Turn your Rigol DS1052E Oscilloscope into a 100MHz DS1102E

So what do you call yourself now?

Re: Conroy - Public Enemy #1 - Re: Turn your Rigol DS1052E Oscilloscope into a 100MHz DS1102E

Financial Controller,
Try it, you will make a lot more bucks...

Re: Conroy - Public Enemy #1 - Re: Turn your Rigol DS1052E Oscilloscope into a 100MHz DS1102E

If making money was the be all and end all in my life I may have tried
something like that as well.  However, as I approach 50 I can honestly
say I am glad I made my living following a simple passion I had when I
was 13 years old, which was to truly understand how a radio worked.
The money becomes less and less important as I get older, and the
satisfaction of having pursued my childhood dreams for life become
more and more satisfying.

Re: Conroy - Public Enemy #1 - Re: Turn your Rigol DS1052E Oscilloscope into a 100MHz DS1102E

That's very nicely said, Brent -- congratulations on following your dream!

Re: Conroy - Public Enemy #1 - Re: Turn your Rigol DS1052E Oscilloscope into a 100MHz DS1102E

On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 15:50:00 -0700, "Joel Koltner"

Yeah, imagine being a lawyer or a banker and dying rich. What's the
point?

John

Re: Conroy - Public Enemy #1 - Re: Turn your Rigol DS1052E Oscilloscope into a 100MHz DS1102E

On Apr 9, 7:11A0%pm, John Larkin

Agreed. There are very few things I can think of where you can make
decent money and stay creative for a decent percentage of your time.
I can not imagine being a doctor and seeing 20 people a day - yuk.

Re: Conroy - Public Enemy #1 - Re: Turn your Rigol DS1052E Oscilloscope into a 100MHz DS1102E

Hear, hear!

I was thinking about that very thing the last time I sat in an "immediate
care" (a.k.a. "Doc in a Box") facility waiting to see a doctor.  The poor
slobs must see forty or fifty people a day, every day.  Yuck!  A surgeon seems
more challenging, but still on the order of a technician.

Re: Conroy - Public Enemy #1 - Re: Turn your Rigol DS1052E Oscilloscope into a 100MHz DS1102E

Yeah - he who dies with the most toys wins, right? ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

Re: Conroy - Public Enemy #1 - Re: Turn your Rigol DS1052E Oscilloscope into a 100MHz DS1102E

Maybe -  he who dies having designed the most new toys wins

Re: Conroy - Public Enemy #1 - Re: Turn your Rigol DS1052E Oscilloscope into a 100MHz DS1102E

On a sunny day (Fri, 09 Apr 2010 16:11:36 -0700) it happened John Larkin

A saint once sang a song for me, like this:
Leaving this world when you go away
Nobody will accompany you on that day.

He also mentioned you come in this world empty handed
and you leave this world empty handed.

My view on this, as a 'technical' person is:
 Your efficiency in percent = 100 X (days_happy / days_lived).
Or in Larkin speak:
 100 x (femto_seconds_happy / femto_seconds_lived).

tick tick tick tick no storage will keep it.

Re: Conroy - Public Enemy #1 - Re: Turn your Rigol DS1052E Oscilloscope into a 100MHz DS1102E

thanks.

Re: Conroy - Public Enemy #1 - Re: Turn your Rigol DS1052E Oscilloscope into a 100MHz DS1102E

So, are you enjoying the big money?

John

Re: Conroy - Public Enemy #1 - Re: Turn your Rigol DS1052E Oscilloscope into a 100MHz DS1102E

Yes, I sold my soul but.