Ten news adding up voltages - Page 2

Re: Ten news adding up voltages

Still, if it was discharged 20 times, and only 3 hit, then the officer
needs some more training in aiming the thing.

Sylvia.

Re: Ten news adding up voltages

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25653721-5001028,00.html
Probably. But if one dart gets snagged in clothing but not make proper
contact the operator might be pressing button and wondering why it was
not working. I don't know what feedback or indication the operator gets
on whether it is working.
 From what I gather they work in two modes. Darts on wires or direct
contact.Also I gather they use differing charges.Heavier for initial
disabling.

Re: Ten news adding up voltages

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25653721-5001028,00.html

Re: Ten news adding up voltages

No, it says that there was not reasonable cause for its use in the first
place.

Re: Ten news adding up voltages

The police do hire from the ranks of the congenitally baffled after all.

Re: Ten news adding up voltages

stupid, or

Is the problem the police, or those who think they know better ?

Having identified the problem so often for so long, what have the intellectual
giants done
to fix it?

Who do you call when a certified violent nutter tells you your address? Mensa?

Re: Ten news adding up voltages

Why not? Thry have gotten away wth murder on a few occassions

Err, criminals always learn by doing stupid stuff and the other criminals
learn from it and don't get caught.

Re: Ten news adding up voltages

My bet is on the former!

MrT.

Re: Ten news adding up voltages

I don't believe anyone will give you any odds on that ;-)

Cheers TT

Re: Ten news adding up voltages

A million volts will start an arc nearly 2 metres in free air and will
almost certainly be fatal, given the energy required to initiate a
million volt arc.  I had a good laugh when I heard this on the news.
A half million volt arc is fun to watch --> http://www.arcfault.org/video.h =
tm
. Spine tingling stuff.

Re: Ten news adding up voltages