local news

The Giants have won the pennant, so this town is in an uproar. Fireworks, sirens, beer being consumed, general rowdiness and public display of emotion.

In other news, the Exotic Erotic Ball has been canceled for lack of interest.

John

They only have one ball?

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in news:- b2dnVDgcKNsJ17RnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

LA has two, but they're very small

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

--
"it's the network..."                      "The Journey is the reward"
speff@interlog.com       Info for manufacturers: http://www.trexon.com

Oh, well! ;-)

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

--
Q.  What has sixteen balls and sings?

A.  A quartet.
Reply to
John Fields

According to Bob Wills, there's 'Big balls in Cowtown' ;-)

A BIG BALL IN COWTOWN Recorded by Bob Wills and The Texas Playboys Written by Hoyle Nix

Aagghh! Let the ladies split out wide Grab your pardner - go hog wild. Aagghh! Now, now, now;

CHORUS [G] Big Ball's in [G7] Cowtown [C] We'll all go [G] down [G] Big Ball's in [G7] Cowtown [D] We'll dance a-[G] round.

[G] Workin' on the [G7] railroad [C] Sleepin' on the [G] ground Eatin' saltine [G7] crackers [D] Ten cents a [G] pound.

CHORUS

Put on your new shoes Put on your gown Take off them sack clothes The Big Ball's in town.

CHORUS

I'll stay in cowtown I'll stick around Bolt up your window The Big Ball's in town.

CHORUS

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

G.Gordon Liddy admitted* he had three, several times on his radio show.

  • bragged :-)
Reply to
amdx

Even though I've been a Dodger fan my whole life, and even though I've never forgiven Marichal for plonking Roseboro over the head with a bat, I was glad to see the Giants beat the Phillies. I was even more thrilled to see the Yankees lose.

Go, Giants!

Bob

--
== All google group posts are automatically deleted due to spam ==
Reply to

A quartet of what?

By my arithmetic, it only adds up to 8.

--------------------------------------

Q: What's got 8 legs and goes "Ho-di-do! Ho-di-do!"?

A: Four [CENSORED] running for the elevator.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Rich Grise wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@example.net:

public

In a classic barbershop quartet, one will be a tenor.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

--
"it's the network..."                      "The Journey is the reward"
speff@interlog.com       Info for manufacturers: http://www.trexon.com
Embedded software/hardware/analog Info :  http://www.speff.com
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

So Juan invented plonking, even before AlGore invented the internet?! Amazing. :-) I wonder how many carbon credits he'd have gotten, if he hit AlGore instead of Johnny?

Ed

I was even more thrilled to see the

Reply to
ehsjr

Oh, boo.

Reply to
Rich Grise

Spare? Triple redundancy?

John

...not masculine enough..

Reply to
Robert Baer

Sure, but two are between his ears...

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Bad math, like the prez's 57 states.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Maybe it's a bowling ball?

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Perhaps not as memorable as this:

(I know this is when Giants were still in NY. I think Dodgers were too)

Reply to
brent