Solar Grid Connect 1kW questions - Page 7

Re: Solar Grid Connect 1kW questions

"Technical Data Sheet?  We presently share product data sheets only
under Non-Disclosure Agreement with qualified volume customers. This is
so we can extend the period of protection for certain proprietary
features we have developed."

Well, maybe, but they could surely publish basic performance data. Their
failure to do so makes it look as if they have something to hide.

Sylvia.

Re: Solar Grid Connect 1kW questions

Where I consider they would be good is where you replace a roof. I had
deep six asbestos "flat"(min angle) roofing  and we moved to a slightly
pitched colourbond roofing.

If they came as a colourbond/gal roof replacement, then you would just
roll one off and another on.

Or if you were building new, that would be your roofing.

Colourbond is just a paint coat and AFAIK, these are just multiple
coatings, so there should only be a slight extracoating cost and the rest
should be standard(almost) installation costs.

To me, it is just learning where the technology is most useful.

--
Once again, our prime minister Kevin Rudd brings stability to the nation
by reassurring the nation that one law still exists for the rich

as long as they keep working after the roofers walk all over them and put
screws through them...  I guess you could leave the ribs bare, or only
do it with roofing that has concealed fixing like Kliplock.

Maybe (concrete) tiles would be better suited to the pre-fab treatment:
they're always nailed through the same spot.

Re: Solar Grid Connect 1kW questions

I believe Canon had a tile based PV out at one stage (pre Olympics), but
I suspect wiring connection was a major PITA.