Solar Grid Connect 1kW questions

I see no point in discussing hypotheticals and was not doing so.

Reply to
terryc

So you approve of stealing other peoples' money to prop up a fraud ?

You want SOLAR ? Get Solar THERMAL !

PV is a waste of time and the alleged cheap new 'thin film' panels have half the efficiency of crystalline.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

But it's YOUR money.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Just buy an EPR.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Get a life mate

Reply to
TonyS

Why does making a valid observation imply that he doesn't have a life?

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Section 10 of this ELECTRICITY FEED-IN (RENEWABLE ENERGY PREMIUM) ACT 2008

allows the Minister to make a determination of what the premium tariff will be for the following financial year, so they can adjust the tariff once a year as they think fit. The premium of 3.88 is only set for the 1st year. As this Act is supposedly modelled on the German scheme in which the tariff is progressivley reduced over the lifetime of the scheme Id expect the same would happen here.

Reply to
Mauried

Yes, that sets the premium rate for the year, but you then have to look at the significance of the premium rate.

The immediately following section specifies that:

Section 11 Premium Rate -- 20 years

(1) The premium rate for the financial year in which a renewable energy generator is connected to a distributor's network applies, if the generator remains connected to the network, in relation to electricity generated by the generator during the 20 years after the date of the connection.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Isn't that how our system works? My point was that the government hands out money to various businesses for dubious reasons and I've noticed a distinct lack of protest about that.

Plus, I'm still coming to grips with the fraud part as you claim.

I would if I could stick in in my backyard. Have any DIY plans?

In certain applications, yes.

The word is proposed and as such they are just something to watch for the future. Perhaps if I ever re-roof or build another house, they might be around by then.

Reply to
terryc

Lol, it is a point of view. The validity is still open to debate. Many insects would laugh at the validity.

Reply to
terryc

That is the point. Most peeps I know who employ an accountant do so for the sole purpose of legally minimising their taxable income. If their accountant doesn't do their job, then the accountant ends up not being their accountant.

Reply to
terryc

Can you get a government subsidy for it? AFAIK, every nuclear reactor is heavily subsidised and guaranteed by the gummint.

Reply to
terryc

Historically that's been true, in part because they kept designing new ones.

Settle on a design, and just repeat it over and over, and the cost comes down to a point where electricity would be only moderately more expensive than that produced by coal in Australia.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

The cost of coal does not reflect what it costs to produce, it's what the market will bear. Usually it's tied very closely to the price of gas, as it's really joules that you're selling, not the material itself.

Reply to
Davo

The validity that 'subsidies' are other peoples' tax money is indisputable.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

And how many more $8,000's ?

Oh you like to rob people do you ? PV solar is insane compared to solar thermal.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

The whole concept of paying people more for micro-generated electricity than the utility can generate it for itself is so barking mad it's untrue.

It reminds me of the EU common fishing policy that determines stocks will be helped by thowing already dead fish back into the sea if they're the wrong breed for a boat's fishing allowance. So you can kill them but not use them for food !

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

AREVA is a commercial company.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Particularly in the UK. I doubt 2 stations are the same and the early ones were designed to produce fissile material for bombs, not optimised for power.

Exactly what France did. And they have about the cheapest electricity in Europe.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

While we are talking about subsidies: