Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary
- Posted on
- mark krawczuk
October 25, 2008, 6:28 am
rate this thread
Re: schematic wanted to operate a 240 volt cfl from 12 volts
you can actually buy 12 and 24v CFL's at Bunnings, (and probably other
major lighting shops). Whether they are available in the wattages,
colour types, and shapes that you want is another matter.
These are likely to be as efficient as it gets, as then you only have
a single stage involved, rather than having an inverter, AND the
switching circuit inside the existing CFL ?
Oatley electronics were also selling them some time back, and also
published (and sold) a kit that does exactly what you want, if you
arent happy with the 12v CFL idea.
- » Suggestion wanted Schematic to PCB design software
- — Previous thread in » Electronics Down Under
- » Lead vs Lithium batteries - Large scale energy storage
- — Newest thread in » Electronics Down Under
- » speaker wire to RCA phono connector-- can this be used for power purposes too?...
- — The site's Last Updated Thread. Posted in » Electronics Repair