240 Volt AC To 12 Volt DC

I was wondering if it was possible to build a power supply that steps the 240 Volts AC mains to 12 volt DC 200 mA. I know I could use a wall transformer, but that would be to bulky for my little Tunecast II FM Transmitter.

Reply to
Dave.H

You basically have the choice of using a transformer-rectifier-regulator supply, which will pretty much be a wall wart, or using an off-line switcher. In the US the wall warts have all gotten smaller because they're off-line switchers now -- has this not happened in the 240VAC countries?

--
Tim Wescott
 Click to see the full signature

I'll have a look at Dick Smith Electronics.

Reply to
Dave.H