PCB mfrs

For the past three years I have used PCB cart, no problem with their service or quality, but I have found them to become a bit pricey lately. I took a gamble and gave another Chinese company a shot for a small order. Their price and delivery time was better, and the boards are equally as good. The delivery time was not an issue to me, maybe they were just trying to impress a new customer? If anyone is interested in the company's name, reply indicating such to this post and I will provide the details - don't want to be seen as a troll ;-(

Reply to
SFD

Yep post it here. I've used pcbcart in the past and was very pleased, I haven't used them in the last 18 months.

A rough board size, complexity, quantity & price info is always good too if you are willing to share.... :)

Reply to
Spuckle

No problem,

FR4 single layer Material and thickness 1.6T Finished copper 1oz Surface finish: HASL Solder mask: Green Silkscreen: None Test: E-Test

50 pieces 63 x 57 mm @ 0.34c each = $17.00 Engineering cost: $60 FedEx: $50.00 Total: US$127

JETEC-PCB Co. Ltd The contact person is: Ivan Mao His email address is: ivan snipped-for-privacy@jetek.com

Reply to
el Presidenti

Thanks for sharing, good price.

Freight sucks but overall price is good.

Reply to
Spuckle

Went through the same experience recently. On a revision to a previously produced board PCBcart's setup had risen from ~$33 to $52-ish, and the "area cost" had gone up by a factor of 4. Tried PCBwing and the price was ~$55 setup but area cost was where PCBcart used to be. Overall board quality was indistinguishable except that they totally fscked the hole sizes (oversize).

Despite more than TEN email enquiries (in English, always a problem with Chinese on tech matters) from August 24 onwards, PCBwing still can't explain how they derive the drill size for PTH.

I'm currently in a bind with another two jobs I'd like to get into prod, but until I know the finished PTH sizes will be sensible it isn't going back there.

One thing about PCBcart I DID especially like is their delivery timelines - always received on the projected day, both here and into clients in the USofA.

Reply to
who where

Interested as well, but jetek.com shows a "domain for sale" page. Could it be jetec.com?

Reply to
asdf

Sorry, my mistake its

and the dudes email is snipped-for-privacy@jetek-pcb.com

Reply to
SFD

I just got boards with these specs: ==================================

2 sided plated holes Green soldermask Top and Bottom White Overlay Top and Bottom PCB size is approx 115.5mm x 55.5mm Protel 99se Artwork is attached.

Quoted: 10pcs - 53usd PCB lead time is *5* workdays.? shipping cost is 15usd, shipping time is about 4-6workdays. 50pcs - 104usd PCB lead time is *5* workdays.? shipping cost is 15usd, shipping time is about 4-6workdays. 100pcs - 156usd PCB lead time is *6* workdays.? shipping cost is 25usd, shipping time is about 4-6workdays.

I got 50, then followed up with 100 a few weeks later. Can be seen here:

The man is Kevin. His English is VERY good. His email address is: sales AT sitopway.com His prices quoted were spot on both times. Very fast delivery via DHL.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

$30 for an Olinuxino Linux PC:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/olinuxino.html

The World's Cheapest Computer:
DuinoMite the PIC32 $25 Basic Computer-MicroController
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/the-maximite-computer.html
Add VGA Monitor/TV, and PS2 Keyboard, or use USB Terminal
Arduino Shield, Programmed in Basic, or C.
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Slightly off topic... but would appreciate some advice on setting up for ge tting some PCBs made. I've made my own in the past so have just had to gene rate suitable artwork (embarrased to say I was still using Protel easytrax last time I did one - a while ago).

Any advice on software appreciated. Also how do I spec drill sizes as I've never had to worry about that before, making my own boards? What files will the manufacturers expect from me etc? Pointers to online resources would b e fine to save wasting your time.

Cheers Glenn

Reply to
Glenn

getting some PCBs made. I've made my own in the past so have just had to generate suitable artwork (embarrased to say I was still using Protel easytrax last time I did one - a while ago).

No need to be embarrassed - there are a LOT of people (and small businesses) using Protel AutoTrax today. And many Chinese fabs accept that file format.

To save you the learning curve of other packages, I would suggest (Protel) AutoTrax unless your requirement is top-end. Freeware. And you can usually "find" the companion Protel Schematic floating around. This presumes of course that you have a suitable PC platform. (AutoTrax runs OK on XP.) I use a 98SE box for that stuff.

making my own boards?

You obviously worked out what sizes to drill. If you had a handle on that, for PTH you could do worse than just go up by 0.1mm/4thou to cover plating build.

Most will specify RS-274X Gerbers - which AutoTrax doesn't do. Having stated that, almost all fabs use CAM350 software and not only handle later Protel formats but they also accommodate AutoTrax, although you DO need to ask specifically and even send a sample file for them to return as layer separations for your proof-reading (*).

David Jones has an on-line tutorial aimed mainly at beginners and the less-experienced users. Given your break, it might pay to revisit it.

As for suppliers, several leads have appeared in this thread. Unless the idea of ~$50 setup scares you, China is the place nowadays - fast, decent quality, cheap.

(*) Sometimes the separations will show your component "comment" field in the copper layers. Best to leave that field always blank with CAM350 unless you want shorts left, right and centre.

Reply to
pedro