PCB mfrs

For the past three years I have used PCB cart, no problem with their service
or quality, but I have found them to become a bit pricey lately.
I took a gamble and gave another Chinese company a shot for a small order.
Their price and delivery time was better, and the boards are equally as
good. The delivery time was not an issue to me, maybe they were just trying
to impress a new customer?
If anyone is interested in the company's name, reply indicating such to this
post and I will provide the details - don't want to be seen as a troll ;-(

Re: PCB mfrs

Yep post it here. I've used pcbcart in the past and was very pleased, I
haven't used them in the last 18 months.

A rough board size, complexity, quantity & price info is always good too
if you are willing to share....   :)

Re: PCB mfrs

No problem,

FR4 single layer
Material and thickness 1.6T
Finished copper 1oz
Surface finish: HASL
Solder mask: Green
Silkscreen: None
Test: E-Test

50 pieces 63 x 57 mm @ 0.34c each = $17.00
Engineering cost: $60
FedEx: $50.00
Total: US$127

JETEC-PCB Co. Ltd
The contact person is: Ivan Mao
His email address is: ivan snipped-for-privacy@jetek.com

Re: PCB mfrs

Thanks for sharing, good price.

Freight sucks but overall price is good.

Re: PCB mfrs

Interested as well, but jetek.com shows a "domain for sale" page.
Could it be jetec.com?

Re: PCB mfrs

Sorry, my mistake its http://www.jetek-pcb.com and the dudes email is
ivan.mao@jetek-pcb.com

Re: PCB mfrs

Went through the same experience recently.  On a revision to a
previously produced board PCBcart's setup had risen from ~$33 to
$52-ish, and the "area cost" had gone up by a factor of 4.  Tried
PCBwing and the price was ~$55 setup but area cost was where PCBcart
used to be.  Overall board quality was indistinguishable except that
they totally fscked the hole sizes (oversize).

Despite more than TEN email enquiries (in English, always a problem
with Chinese on tech matters) from August 24 onwards, PCBwing still
can't explain how they derive the drill size for PTH.

I'm currently in a bind with another two jobs I'd like to get into
prod, but until I know the finished PTH sizes will be sensible it
isn't going back there.

One thing about PCBcart I DID especially like is their delivery
timelines - always received on the projected day, both here and into
clients in the USofA.

Re: PCB mfrs

I just got boards with these specs:
==================================
2 sided plated holes
Green soldermask Top and Bottom
White Overlay Top and Bottom
PCB size is approx 115.5mm x 55.5mm
Protel 99se Artwork is attached.

Quoted:
   10pcs -  53usd PCB lead time is *5* workdays.? shipping cost is 15usd,
shipping time is about 4-6workdays.
   50pcs - 104usd PCB lead time is *5* workdays.? shipping cost is 15usd,
shipping time is about 4-6workdays.
  100pcs - 156usd PCB lead time is *6* workdays.? shipping cost is 25usd,
shipping time is about 4-6workdays.

I got 50, then followed up with 100 a few weeks later. Can be seen here:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/ubw32-mcc-pcb-letter.html

The man is Kevin. His English is VERY good.
His email address is: sales AT sitopway.com
His prices quoted were spot on both times.
Very fast delivery via DHL.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

$30 for an Olinuxino Linux PC:
Re: PCB mfrs
Slightly off topic... but would appreciate some advice on setting up for ge
tting some PCBs made. I've made my own in the past so have just had to gene
rate suitable artwork (embarrased to say I was still using Protel easytrax
last time I did one - a while ago).

Any advice on software appreciated. Also how do I spec drill sizes as I've
never had to worry about that before, making my own boards? What files will
 the manufacturers expect from me etc? Pointers to online resources would b
e fine to save wasting your time.

Cheers
Glenn

Re: PCB mfrs

getting some PCBs made. I've made my own in the past so have just had to
generate suitable artwork (embarrased to say I was still using Protel easytrax
last time I did one - a while ago).

No need to be embarrassed - there are a LOT of people (and small
businesses) using Protel AutoTrax today.  And many Chinese fabs accept
that file format.

To save you the learning curve of other packages, I would suggest
(Protel) AutoTrax unless your requirement is top-end.  Freeware.  And
you can usually "find" the companion Protel Schematic floating around.
This presumes of course that you have a suitable PC platform.
(AutoTrax runs OK on XP.)  I use a 98SE box for that stuff.

making my own boards?

You obviously worked out what sizes to drill.  If you had a handle on
that, for PTH you could do worse than just go up by 0.1mm/4thou to
cover plating build.

Most will specify RS-274X Gerbers - which AutoTrax doesn't do.  Having
stated that, almost all fabs use CAM350 software and not only handle
later Protel formats but they also accommodate AutoTrax, although you
DO need to ask specifically and even send a sample file for them to
return as layer separations for your proof-reading (*).

David Jones has an on-line tutorial aimed mainly at beginners and the
less-experienced users.  Given your break, it might pay to revisit it.

http://alternatezone.com/electronics/files/PCBDesignTutorialRevA.pdf

As for suppliers, several leads have appeared in this thread.  Unless
the idea of ~$50 setup scares you, China is the place nowadays - fast,
decent quality, cheap.

(*) Sometimes the separations will show your component "comment" field
in the copper layers.  Best to leave that field always blank with
CAM350 unless you want shorts left, right and centre.

Site Timeline