PCB Manufacture

I often read in the NG's about the dissappointments some have in using off-shore PCB manufacturers. Well, heres some good news!! - and this is NOT spam.

For the past few months I have been using PCB Cart (

) - I came across their name through another posting on a NG.

Recently I placed and received an order for 200 pieces and had requested WHITE solder mask. The boards arrived GREEN.

So I thought "Here goes, just another 'don't care' "outfit. So I emailed them about the problem. Within an hour or two I received a relpy email wherein they acknowledged their mistake and took responsibility, indicating they would make good the order at their cost.

Five days later, I received via DHL (I'm in Australia) the 200 WHITE boards - SURPRISE, SURPRISE!

So, full marks to PCB Cart and their service. The quality of their work equals their service, and pricing is fair.

Hopefully this post will benefit others looking an opinion when looking for for a quality reliable honest PCB manufacturer.

Regards.

Reply to
Farticus

I've used pcbcart a lot over the last year - apart from a brief problem due to website & comms problems they had a few weeks ago, service and quality have been excellent.

Reply to
Mike Harrison

You lost the indented audience Right Here!

Reply to
Rev. 11D Meow!

I have no idea what you are trying to imply.

Reply to
Farticus

Are you philosophically opposed to cross-posting?

...or don't you know how?

JeffM

Neither - I took the time and effort to post to each group individually, to show my appreciation to an honourable trader. Unlike some people who want to show what ignorant smart asses they are by posting usless comments whilst hiding behind their keyboards.

Farticus

">

I would second that.. 4th order, over 3000 boards.Usually a day or two ahead of their 8 days too.

Reply to
TT_Man

Do you know if they still do tin-lead? Their web site isn't very informative so, just for fun, I keyed in the quote info for a board I have just contracted elsewhere. On that form there was no tin-lead option.

The other thing was that while the quote was stunningly good they added tooling costs back in. That made the difference to my US vendor less stellar. Plus we get a two day turn-around on a 6-layer plus overnight shipping. The PCBCart site did not accept any lead times below 12 days, maybe because it's a 6-layer.

However, my usual place stopped offering tin-lead on prototype runs (only for production runs) so I may have to start looking elsewhere.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Not sure about tin-lead. I suggest you flick them an email, the chap I communicate with there is very helpful and reponds in good time. His name is Sun Jiao Yang (Sun) at snipped-for-privacy@pcbcart.com He will be able to answer your other queries as well.

Regards, Lew (Farticus)

Reply to
Farticus

Good idea, I'll do that.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Farticus TOP POSTED:

...and the thing about it is that you think *that* is BETTER than cross-posting. If you were less selfish, you would have come to realize that the FIRST time someone's properly-constructed newsreader encounters a CROSS-posted message, it marks it as *Read* in ALL the groups in which it appears. This is NOT true for MULTI-posted posts.

You can do that without MULTI-posting.

YOU are the one who is ignorant--and selfish.

It is *your* ignorance that makes you call it useless. Had you read the linked Wikipedia article instead of spewing uninformed bile, you would have been less ignorant. Perhaps after this post you are less ignorant.

Reply to
JeffM

Joerg...I just placed my first order for 100 boards and hope like hell they are tin/lead. When you get the answer back, let us know here.

I would have sworn that was one of the options when you "made" your board.

Olimex is probably the cheapest for prototypes, but if you have any clue that you will go into small scale production (50-500), Cart has the world beat, hands down.

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering (jw)

Go to "order board" (you can always back out) and look at the finish options. Hot flow solder is the default. If you hit the dropdown button, there are a few more options; lead free reflow is on the list. My guess is that "solder" is tin/lead.

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering (jw)

Reply to
Farticus

DON'T MUD WRESTLE WITH PIGS. You get all muddy and the pig likes it.

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering (jw)

Let's hope so. I was surprised that my usual source offered that only on larger runs. Anyhow, I did write to them and will let everyone here know when I have an answer.

Sorry I can't help you with the switch in the other s.e.d. thread but most of my stuff is produced in China and the factories there buy direct. I have heard the distribution system there is very different from here, a lot depends on persoanlly knowing each other for a long time. "Long time" in China can mean a few decades.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Three historians, one American, one French, and one Chinese, were sitting around one day discussing the impact of the American Revolution on history.

THe American gave his version.

The Frenchman gave his version.

THe Chinese guy said that it was far too early to tell.

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering (jw)

:-)

Can be similar in other countries. A friend who was audio engineer at a German TV station told me about an interview they did. They asked a groundskeeper at a Scottish castle what the secret was to maintain such lush and uniformly green grass. "Oh, lads, that is very simple: Take the weeds out on a weekly basis and mow if often but slowly. Do this for 100 to 200 years and you'll have such pretty grass as well. Nothing to it, really."

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Go ahead. Remain ignorant and selfish. It's not like it isn't obvious to everyone.

Reply to
JeffM