Re: PCB Problem

The problem is the output of the PBGA seem to be producing a 1HZ pulse

>which is expected when the 28V is on but not expected when the 28V is >turned off. The 1HZ pulse has a amplitude of 2V when the 28V is off >but when the 28V is on, the amplitude is 5V. >I have tested the power supply stand-alone and it works perfectly. >When the 28V is off, the PBGA power should be zero but in this case, >the voltage is 1.4V when connected to the PCB.

What's the voltage on your supply rails/planes on the side that you expect to be off?

My guess is that you have some signals going from the expect-to-be-on section to the expect-to-be-off section, and the protection diodes are kicking in and connecting the energy from the signals to the power rail and there is enough power getting through for the logic to start to work.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Hal Murray

I have two 5 V and two 3V3 power lines. One pair (5V and 3V3) is used to power the PBGA and the other pair is used to power the SRAM and the counter. When the 28V is off, the power lines to the PBGA should turn off while the other power line should stay on to power the SRAM and the counter.

I have checked the power supply design and I think I will add a transistor circuit to switch the power lines to ground when the 28V is off.

Thanks for the help.

Paul

Reply to
Paul