Lamps new again

The halogen lamps I referred to recently are supposed to have life of
two years AT two hours a day.
What happens if you leave them switched on

Re: Lamps new again

"F Murtz"

**  Math is not your strong suit  ??

......  Phil

Re: Lamps new again
Have to factor in 719 cold starts.
But I was really making an oblique comment on the qualified advertising

Re: Lamps new again

"F Murtz"

 **  Make SFA difference to such a lamp.

** Similar claims are on the packs CFLs come in.

    Up to 4 years at 6 hours per day etc.

    But far less likely to be true.

.....  Phil

Re: Lamps new again

You can say that again Phil, I recently had an OSRAM Dulux EL "Longlife"
20W CFL (made in Germany) fail completely in less than six months.  The
package claims a life expectancy of 12 years, or 15,000 hours.
Unfortunately, I did not keep my receipt; I don't even remember where I
bought it.

Chas.