Switchboard Indicator Lamps

I need some to restore some old telco equipment. The bulbs are a slide base,

24V 2W incandescent, similar to these:

but longer. The above lamps are 1-7/64" long (28mm). The lamps I need to replace measure 43mm.

These things are OLD. The above Grainger bulb has a plastic wedge-shaped base. The base of the lamps in this old equipment are wood.

Any ideas on sources or even the proper size/type name?

If it wasn't for physics and law enforcement, I would be unstoppable!
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Can't remember what they were. Used to fix cord boards in late 60's + oldest I repaired was a Stromberg Carlson rebuilt in 1943, the year I was born ! The lamps used in telephones are 52a and still available. The only thing I can suggest is an led with a series resistor to limit current and change brightness. Found this site

KenW

I searched for old telephone switchboard lamps or parts for old telephone switchboards

Reply to
KenW

I'm in the process of bulk disposal of my old shop stock, as you can see from the last update date

in the UK though, as in the pic you refereed to. IIRC they came from an aircraft repair facility , so maybe used in cockpits also

Reply to
N_Cook

Look for "Slide Base T6.8". For example SM2420G (24V 0.5W) are in stock at Mouser.

Reply to
Piotr Piatek

T-2 bulbs measure 1-11/16" in total length. You are looking for 24C1 Telephone and Indicator bulbs according to my old light bulb spec guide. They are rated as 0.06 - 085A, 1900 Footcandles, average cold resistance

33R, hours life = 5000.

I might have those in my ancient parts stock if you can't find them elsewhere.

At least you know what you are looking for now!

John :-#)#

                      John's Jukes Ltd.
          (604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
                      www.flippers.com
John Robertson

And here are some!

John :-#)#

                      John's Jukes Ltd.
          (604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
                      www.flippers.com
John Robertson

Last time I had one of these fail, I soldered a led in the metal part.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry