Jaycar out of stock of SC.

I went in Jaycar today and noticed they didn't have any Silicon Chip
magazines. I just went to the Jaycar website and they list it as out of
stock. Do Jaycar no longer stock SC?

Mike.

Re: Jaycar out of stock of SC.

The November 2006 issue? Pehaps the bundled DSE catalog has something
to do with it.

Andy Wood
snipped-for-privacy@trap.ozemail.com.au

Re: Jaycar out of stock of SC.

That would explain it.

Re: Jaycar out of stock of SC.

Yes, fairly petty if so, considering DSE isn't any cheaper for similar
items, so is hardly going to steal business from Jaycar anyway.

MrT.

Re: Jaycar out of stock of SC.

sorry, but lol.
Only a fool advertises their competitor.

Re: Jaycar out of stock of SC.

And what do you call someone who thinks that is advertising their
competitor?

MrT.

Re: Jaycar out of stock of SC.

In that case they should have removed the DSE catalog and slipped their
own in there.
Would have been a great stunt if nothing else.

On the flip side, at least Jaycar still know what they are selling. DSE
wouldn't even notice.

Dave :)

Re: Jaycar out of stock of SC.

Last time I went into my local DSE (fully owned store, not a stockist),
they had maybe half a dozen IC's in stock, and only 1's and 2's of
those. They didn't even have 555's. I noticed half the resistors and
caps were gone too. They used to have 3 stands of components, now it is
only 2, and many of the drawers of those 2 are empty. So it would appear
they are clearing out of components so they can focus on gadgets. I'm
sure Dick would be ashamed of what it has become since he sold out to
Woolworths.
I went into DSE on a recent monday morning, and was the only customer in
there (when they had components, they were always fairly busy) - after
browsing their piddly range I left in disgust without buying anything. A
quick look at jaycar's website revealed that there is now a local
stockist, so I went in there. It is an out-of-the-way shop tucked into a
minor shopping centre, yet there were half a dozen people in there
buying components when I went in. Seems to me that DSE are in their
death throws, while Jaycar are going from strength to strength.

Re: Jaycar out of stock of SC.

Correct for hobby electronics, except that you are about 10-15 years
too late with that analysis!

Dave :)

Re: Jaycar out of stock of SC.

I doubt very much if Dick Smith himself cares about anything other than
making money and telling us what a great Australian he is - after ripping us
off for years, stuffing up the aviation industy etc etc. Ask anybody
involved in Air Traffic Control what they think of him!

I heard a runour that Tandy (also owned by Woolies) is taking on the
'electronic' side of things, while Trickie Dickies is doing the gadgets etc
like Tandy have done in recent years.

Site Timeline