How to find out the height and speed of the RC planes?

Idiot

Reply to
Matthew Gunn

"Sea Squid" wrote in news:423f7828$ snipped-for-privacy@news.starhub.net.sg:

It's lucky you don't know how to achieve this. If anyone told you how to do it, it's also lucky that you would not understand them.

Reply to
Geoff C

Okay, so now we're well and truly off with the cuckoos......

Reply to
Ken Taylor

If you are really worried about this (I can see it could be a problem), ask your council to erect some netting to prevent the planes getting through.

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew Gunn

"Matthew Gunn"

** Under the "Air Navigation Orders", section 95.21, part 4.1

A (untethered) model aircraft shall not be flown:

(a) unless visibility permits continuous visual contact by then operator with the aircraft or

(b) in cloud

Part 4.2:

A model aircraft shall not be flown.

(c) within 30 metres horizontally or at any height over any group of people or occupied building;

(d) at a height exceeding 300 feet above terrain unless the flight takes place within the confines of a ( Department of Aviation approved) model aircraft flying area.

I very much doubt that any council has given permission for such an

*illegal* activity as the idiot OP alleges.

........... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"Sea Squid" wrote

When I first bought my townhouse, I thought the huge park behind was good.

A device installed on my kid's 4wheeler, which contains a digcam censor, a powerful uP with some field programmable gate array chips, an air rifle which can shoot a plastic bullet 200 meters, plus some sensors yet to find out. My electronics will detect the speed, direction and height of the plane, determine the firing angle and time of my rifle and fire.

What are the algorithms to calculate the speed, direction and height of the plane?

Any new ideas are also welcome.

**** Where are you located,I'm sure the local police will be VERY interested in your illegal rifle!!

Or are you just an insignificant troll?

Brian Goldsmith.

Reply to
Brian Goldsmith

"Matthew Gunn" wrote

.............. Phil

Sorry if I may sound stupid Matthew

***Why be sorry if you sound stupid,all you have written so far indicates you really are!!

Brian Goldsmith

Reply to
Brian Goldsmith

"Brian Goldsmith"

** Like all anonymous Hotmail pukes - the Cretinous Cephalopod lives right on on the edge of the Twilight Zone.
** Likely just as fake as the rest of his asinine troll.

.......... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

speed,

My air defence system is on a fixed platform now, with campass mounted on the rotating camera to see its direction.

I was aware that from the shape of the plane I can google and identify the model, from the model I can find out the dimension, and together with focal length I can calculate the distance from the camera. With the angle and orientation of my camera, I can calculate the angel of the plane with respect to the ground, and the direction it flies, plus the height.

Is this a good plan?

Reply to
Sea Squid

(chuckles)

Reply to
Matthew Gunn

Well that area IS somthing you actually have a clue about ...

its perfectly legal you dickbreath

Reply to
chuckles

O K .

Reply to
Matthew Gunn

"Richard Freeman"

** But a 120 mph, 9 kg flying pumpkin is worse than either.

Bears thinking about .....

........... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Have you actually ever posted anything constructive? With some of your stupid snide remarks I wonder if you even read the posts you are commenting on.

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew Gunn

interested

Just making some physics study here so don't be serious.

Reply to
Sea Squid

of the

weekend.

censor,

rifle

find

the

of the

Take'em on in the air!

A few choice modifications and an extra button or two on your remote control might be fun. One of these switch covers would be nice:

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

Or an Aegis system made out of Lego and Cyberslam missiles...

neat... 8-O

Reply to
dmm

Reply to
valiumboy

What are they thinking about?

Probably more than you Phyllis.

Mike Harding

Reply to
Mike Harding

With your spelling you'll be Googling for a mighty long time.

Reply to
Poxy