how to test a quadrac out of circuit?

I have a 6015LT-ND quadrac that I would like to test out of circuit. Is this possible and how would I do it with a simple DVM?

Thanks, Bill

Reply to
Bill Sanderlin

How thoroughly do you want to test it?

JF
Reply to
John Fields

You would need the spec's on the unit.

in short, you have M1, M2 and T legs.

I don't know what your devices pin configuration is how ever, I'll guess it to be M1,M2 and T as in 1,2,4 reading left to right while looking at the front side of the package. M1,M2 should not read anything on your DVM in diode mode either way. It should be in the infinite reading of your meter.

T (trigger) should also not read anything related to any of the M1,M2 legs. That leg requires a minimum level of voltage before the internal diac breaks over to bias the TRIAC.

If you're getting any form of low reading with any combination of this device, I consider it to be defective.

It might be best to actually test this in circuit using a Volt meter..

The T leg should have around 30..50 volts AC before it can trigger. The M1/M2 should have AC constantly there at all times. The remaining M1/M2 will be on the load side..

"

Reply to
Jamie

Thank you! Exactly the information I was looking for as the problem I had has been solved.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Sanderlin