Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary
- Posted on
- BO: Electronic sign 8rows x19 characters
March 21, 2005, 2:05 am
rate this thread
Textron electronic sign ..
has 8 rows of leds x 19 characters. each character is made up of 5x7
individual LEDS. on the back it has what looks like a 9 pin male socket
and a 15pin female D socket..I assume it attaches to a PC somehow .. the
9 pin socket has only two wires on it while 15 seems to have a lot
Maybe if someone knows about this unit and can elaborate it be
in the end if no one wants it complete I dismemeber the unit at take
all the 5x7 LED displays out (I think they are all in sockets ..anyone
for $2 each and would take all the 152?
Re: BO: Electronic sign 8rows x19 characters
I took the unit apart ..it has what appears a serial interface pin 3
and 5 on the 9 pin connector ..The other connector(15pin) seems to go to
a keypad of some sort (I assume like a keyboard to type the message
..which I do not posess .. Itried aconection to rs232 no response ..
anyone know how to talk to this sign?
- » WTB:older micoprocessor development boards and BOOKS
- — Next thread in » Electronics Down Under
- » How to find out the height and speed of the RC planes?
- — Previous thread in » Electronics Down Under
- » Replacing NiCd batteries in an obsolete Uniden UH-052XR radio?
- — Last Updated thread in » Electronics Down Under