Hacking "Pocket Boy Micro"

This is a 30-in-one game I purchased from Target a few months ago. It
cost all of $30. I was hoping to hack it to reuse the LCD monitor but
it looks like that's going to be impossible... here's some more info
and pics:

http://www.gadgetguts.com/pocket-boy-micro /

Re: Hacking "Pocket Boy Micro"

 > This is a 30-in-one game I purchased from Target a few months ago.
 > It cost all of $30. I was hoping to hack it to reuse the LCD
 > monitor but it looks like that's going to be impossible...

The Commodore64 clone "30 in 1" joystick game has reprogrammable flash
too. People have even managed to rewrite it, with a lot of other
modifications, making it into a fully-fledged C64. (Although the
contractor who originally designed it intended that to happen.)

    http://thedarkside.ath.cx/dtv/ports.html
    http://www.geocities.com/dtvhacking /
    http://jledger.proboards19.com/index.cgi?board=dtvhacking

--
Chris

Re: Hacking "Pocket Boy Micro"

Interesting... I recall seeing that on the shelves a while ago. I
wonder if it's still widely available?

Clicking around eventually lead me here:
http://www.zimmers.net/cbmpics/index.html

This guy seems to have an awful lot of time, space and probably $ to
maintain such a large collection... although I have to admit I just
spent about an hour going through most of it. :)

Check out his root page for bonus KISS MIDI background music.

Re: Hacking "Pocket Boy Micro"

 > Interesting... I recall seeing that on the shelves a while ago. I
 > wonder if it's still widely available?

My local Targét still has a few in stock, but with a price of $49.99
(up from the introductory Xmas price of $35), they're not selling very
well. The PAL DTV's also have a show-stopping (for most people)
manufacturing defect that ruins the colour accuaracy, causing many of
the included games to be unplayable.

--
Chris

Site Timeline