cfl's - Page 4

Re: cfl's

I dislike the "warm white". Some are even yellower than the
incandescents they're meant to replace.

However, the cool white (or daylight) ones did take a bit of getting
used to, after half a century of yellow night-times. But I'd never
willingly go back - the world looks quite different when you can see the
blue in things.

Sylvia.

Re: cfl's

Snip

When triphosphours first came out an electrian suggest their long life and
improved brightness would be a benefit. Well it was to the manufacturer, I
bought a couple. Bright yes, Warm white YUK.
Cool white only way to go for these aging eyes. Am have difficulty finding
Cool white in cfls and LEDs but I will continue my search..

Re: cfl's

eBay

--
rgds,

Pete
Re: cfl's

I buy my cool white CFLs in Woolworths. Most recently, a few months ago.

Sylvia.

Re: cfl's

That is where I got some but our favourite wollies no longer sells them,
Woolies brand that is, too many claims for them not lasting I would say. Had
to take one back that died an early death and anoth died the other week.
SWMBO prefers incandescants.

Re: cfl's

I was buying Philips brand in Woolies. But since you have a SWMBO, the
point seems moot.

Sylvia.

Re: cfl's

yes, they are

the cool seem too white to me and the warm too yellow. something in
between would be good

rgds,

Pete
Re: cfl's

Yep, just replaced a two year old one with very little use yesterday.

You'll need it!  I bought two Phillips cfl's a couple of years ago. One
lasted a year, and when I went to replace it with the other it was dead from
new! And of course I no longer had the reciept :-(
Mirrabella I have found to be just as bad too, the electronics inside die
before the tube.

Trevor.

Re: cfl's

I've had to replace heaps in just a few years

if they're not an environmental (and health I should have said) hazard
why does the govt issue instructions about how they are to be disposed of?

they still emit radiation

rgds,

Pete
Re: cfl's

Because they are even less of an environmental hazard when disposed of
properly.

So does everything.

Re: cfl's

**Points:

* I did not say they presented NO hazard.
* Given the long life and lower power consuption of CFLs, the amount of
mercury entering the environment (if disposed of improperly) from CFLs
is MUCH, MUCH lower than burning the amount of coal required to keep an
incandescent of equivalent light output operating.

**I suggest you read the link I provided. The risk is minimal.

Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: cfl's

I recall hearing of someone who was suing for getting skin cancer on his
head allegedly caused by working under fluorescent tubes in an office
all day

rgds,

Pete
Re: cfl's

Doesn't mean that he has a valid claim just because he claims that tho.

Re: cfl's

yeah of course he has to prove it

rgds,

Pete
Re: cfl's

Good lawyer can do that.

Re: cfl's

More drivel. And there is no such animal anyway.

Re: cfl's

There is no such thing as LNP either.
But, they do insist they exist.

Re: cfl's

LNP exists as a political party in Qld.

Re: cfl's

Oh?! My bad.
It's that they don't know they are already dead. :-))

Re: cfl's

And what was the outcome of the case? Thrown out as he couldn't prove it was
not from sun exposure I bet. (FAR more likely)

Trevor.

Site Timeline