BO: Electronic sign 8rows x19 characters

Textron electronic sign ..

has 8 rows of leds x 19 characters. each character is made up of 5x7
individual LEDS. on the back it has what looks like a 9 pin male socket
and a 15pin female D socket..I assume it attaches to a PC somehow .. the
9 pin socket has only two wires on it while 15 seems to have a lot

Maybe if someone knows about this unit and can elaborate it be
appreciated ..

in the end if no one wants it complete  I dismemeber the unit at take
all the 5x7 LED displays out (I think they are all in sockets ..anyone
for $2 each and would take all the 152?

see pic
http://www.img4free.com/images/mccm2/sign.jpg

Re: BO: Electronic sign 8rows x19 characters

I took the unit apart  ..it has what appears a serial interface pin 3
and 5 on the 9 pin connector ..The other connector(15pin) seems to go to
a keypad of some sort (I assume like a keyboard to type the message
..which I do not posess .. Itried aconection to rs232  no response ..
anyone know how to talk to this sign?
mc