What OS for Zero WH?

I got a Zero WH as a present. While I wait for my Mini-HDMI-Adapter, what OS do you use with this very small computer?

I will try LibreELEC. Any experience?

FW

Reply to
F. W.

Not with that OS, but Raspbian Lite (or whatever it's called now) works well. The capabilities are similar to the earlier Raspberry Pi cards, and the Zero 2 is a substantial increase in computer power being 4-core.

Reply to
David Taylor

I put raspian on my zero. works fine. Start with what works, experiment later

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

to re-iterate what others have said unless you have a specific purpose in mind start with the official RaspberryPi os

libreELEC, OSMC & others are aimed at more specific purposes the perform those tasks better that the default but are not so good when it comes to tasks outside their desired target.

Reply to
alister

I used to run LibreELEC on the first Pi 1B, and was very pleased with it's performance viewing photos and playing videos from my camera of the time (10 years ago), I even had it hooked up to a USB DVD player at one point. The Zero WH is a slightly faster than the 1B, so should work as well, but with the hassle of having to use mini HDMI and micro USB adaptors.

---druck

Reply to
druck

Good performance at what it is designed for, yes. But adding more/other software is sort of difficult. I got on better with OSMC. Easy to add web server, mail server etc. Of course, for general use Raspbian Lite (no X) works very well.

Reply to
Chris Elvidge

I did look at OSMC, its features sounded good, but I just could not get on with it's UI.

As soon as I moved to the Pi2 and later with multiple cores I ran full Raspbian on them. The Zero 2 (if you can get hold of it) is a bit faster than the Pi 2.

---druck

Reply to
druck