Viewer/editor for fillable PDF documents

Is there something for Raspbian similar to Apple's Preview that can view and edit fillable PDF forms? I'm using Preview on an old iMac right now, but it's buggy and won't save changes reliably. The default pdf viewer on the Pi seems to be xpdf, which won't fill in the blanks at all.

Thanks for reading,

bob prohaska

Reply to
bob prohaska

I'm not sure if they do pdf forms, but try Evince and Okular. Both are in the standard repo, so install with apt/apt-get. Furthermore I saw this which has a free version which apparently does both acroforms and XFA forms, but the installation is not as easy, probably:

A. Dumas

Foxit Reader works on my (Ubuntu) desktop machine.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Both are installing, I'll give them a try.

Thank you!

bob prohaska

Reply to
bob prohaska

Doesn't seem to be available, at least by the name foxit or foxit-reader. The other two suggestions installed, I'll give them a try before looking further.

Thank you!

bob prohaska

Reply to
bob prohaska

It's not in the repository, it's a download from their website, a self- installing binary. I'd not noticed that before, or had forgotten; it's a rather Windows-y way to do it, but it's a good bit of software, available in 32- or 64-bit Linux flavours, Windows and Mac.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Not available for Raspbian (or Debian).

Reply to
A. Dumas

Of course, I completely forgot the different architecture. Maybe we could encourage them to build an ARM version.

Reply to
Rob Morley