Unison 2.40 in Stretch

On 10/28/17, Ba?ar Alabay said the following... =A> > The other choice may be to download the /source/ archive, and bu =A> > your own version on the RPi. =A> =A> I?d prefer not to. On my Macs yes, but not on the Rpi.

Hmm, not much difference in my experience (I've had a Mac as well and building from source isn't that difficult.

Reply to
robert wolfe

Hello,

I tried and tried ? nothing to do.

Is there ANY chance to install an explicit version 2.40 of Unison under Raspbian Stretch? My other desktop machines use Unison 2.40 and are defintely stucked to that. So I cannot use 2.48. Unison-all did not help. I could not solve this problem :-(

Cheers B. Alabay

--
http://www.thetrial.eu/
???????????????

A try of self-answering:

I installed

from
under /usr/local/bin ? that seems to have solved my problem. Though its armel instead of armhf.

Was this right? Wrong? Any better hints?

Cheers B. Alabay

--
http://www.thetrial.eu/
???????????????

On Sat, 28 Oct 2017 10:42:31 +0000 (UTC), Ba?ar Alabay declaimed the following:

Well -- what are the odds of a file synchronization utility doing significant floating point operations? The "hf" means the code is designed for processors with a hardware floating point unit, whereas "el" emulates floating point using a library.

The other choice may be to download the /source/ archive, and build your own version on the RPi.

Dennis Lee Bieber

So what does that mean? Problematic or not?

I?d prefer not to. On my Macs yes, but not on the Rpi.

B. Alabay

--
http://www.thetrial.eu/

On OSX 10.7 I use Macports.

If I read this:

I think it?s better not to touch.

Is it dangerous to use the armel version? Is there any 2.40 armhf binary to load?

I once tried to build a UI-version of a newer Unison on OSX, it was not to manage. With OSX 10.7.5 I only can use the present 2.40.69 version that is done static.

B. Alabay

--
http://www.thetrial.eu/