Spoof user agent

Some add-ons have been blocked on the basis that they're being accessed by the Raspberry pi. One example is the "Digitally Imported" music addon for XBMC.

I was wondering if there's a way to spoof the user agent and thereby make add ons such as these usable again. I did find this forum post but it doesn't look too promising:

John
Reply to
John

Can XBMC be told to use a web proxy (e.g. running on another machine within your network)?

Reply to
Roger Bell_West

Yes. Although the coverage of that setting (two, actually) is not complete.

Reply to
Rob

It works though. I've successfully proxied XBMC (on a Zotac) through squid on my laptop.

--
Where's the Vangelis music?
Pris' tongue is sticking out in in the wide shot after Batty has kissed her.

I must be missing something here... Why specifically block the Pi?

Thanks for any clarification.

-- Pete --

Reply to
Pete

You must be new in the world of streaming media... This has been going on ever since Linux was capable of multimedia.

The usual "reason" is that in Windows there are all kinds of safeguards (at least in the minds of the media tycoons) against capturing the streamed audio, while in Linux there is no such thing and you can easily capture everything you listen to or view in a file.

The media companies don't like that. The value their "rights", not your's.

Reply to
Rob

Yeah, yeah, but the question was: why Pi specifically?

--
Tomasz Torcz                 Morality must always be based on practicality.
xmpp: zdzichubg@chrome.pl                -- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Not the Pi specifcially. Anything they don't recognize as "designed according to our requirements". You'll have the same problem on any Linux system, and on Android devices often after they have been rooted.

Reply to
Rob