Wireless battery add-on

This is a reach, but I could see this as being something that would have a wider market than just my customer.

My customer is hot on the idea of wirelessly charging a battery. I'm thinking that, at their production levels, if someone Out There makes a module that'll handle the wireless battery charging part (i.e., the wireless power transfer, the battery charging, management, etc.), then I could just lick the back and stick it into my design.

So -- does anyone make it? Should I make it and go into production?

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Many new cellphones don't require a wired connection for charging, just drop them into a cradle, and inductive coupling does the deed. ...Jim Thompson

Something like this?

Dave M

Reply to
Dave M

Have worked on both inductive and capacitive power transfer. The main point is to get the oscillator working right, in my case it have been a simple astable multivibrator. So far, I have noticed that getting the coils to work right is the main issue for inductive coupling. Capacitive coupling is a bit simpler, IMHO.

Reply to
dakupoto

You don't mention numbers for "production".

If you make it charge with usb, you can use one of these:

Don't get much more lick and stick than that. And it's a standard protocol. Chargers everywhere. And fall back to USB when needed.

And, best of all, you don't have to design nothin'.

Reply to
mike

I think Farnell have all the bits...

TTman

ve

+charger&rt=nc&LH_BIN=1

I have an older phone with bad USB port; so, i might try the direct battery option. However, i don't see any foil with the right connector (on the up per right corner). Can they be bent and folded to the right position? Or solder wires directly to the battery?

I assume standard charing docks are available as well.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

The generic ones put out 5V for the usb port. Don't connect that to the battery. There may be specific ones that can be connected to the battery, but I have no info. Chargers are all over ebay. Make sure they're the same protocol. Qi seems to be the leader.

Reply to
mike

have

s a

en I

tery option. However, i don't see any foil with the right connector (on th e upper right corner). Can they be bent and folded to the right position? Or solder wires directly to the battery?

ve

They have some that connect to the battery, but mostly for newer models wit h 4 pins for Samsung. I have some older model with 3 pins, and in differen t position. I emailed the seller, hoping to get more info. But most chine se seller don't really know anything other than taking your money.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

That's about the same thing as expecting to get your home's electricity from a satellite dish. I AINT GONNA HAPPEN!!!!

Reply to
boomer#6877250