raspi3 on TV with remote control

Hi,

i have running a raspi3 with kodi connected to a TV screen. The remote control of the tv works fine for the raspi... until yestarday. The raspi was a vew days offline. I restart it and the codi is starting as expected... but the RC doesent work now for the raspi.

Nothing has changed. What can be the problem?

Jan

Reply to
Jan Novak

Probably a funny with the HDMI control channel. I'd turn everything off (as in switch off/remove plug from wall) then power up the TV and set it to the HDMI input that the Pi is connected to then power up the Pi.

Dave.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

hmmm...strange.... ok, i give that i try this evening.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Novak

Yes, I regard HDMI as the spawn of the devil! :-) The only reason for its existence is to 'protect' rights and, as a result, we the users have to put up with an over complex interface that depends on (often) buggy software.

--
Chris Green
Reply to

But the remote control functionality is CEC, which existed on DVI and (under a different name) on SCART, so difficult to blame HDMI for that.

Reply to
Andy Burns

That would be HDCP which can also be carried over DVI connections.

C:\>WIN                                     | A better way to focus the sun
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Ahem A Rivet's Shot

Dana Thu, 3 Dec 2020 09:48:08 +0100, Jan Novak napis'o:

Battery? :P

Reply to
Nikolaj Lazic

Am 03.12.20 um 12:43 schrieb Nikolaj Lazic:

Like i wrote: The Remote control works fine with tv.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Novak