playing with google text to speach on the Rp4

playing with google text to speach on the Rp4. scripts I found use mplayer... big piece of code had a go with wget, resulted in script gst7

#!/bin/bash

# Usage: # To speak a line of text: echo "any text" | ./gst7 # To record a line of text as mp3: echo "any text" | ./gst7 filename.mp3

read user_reply

if [ "$1" == "" ] then wget --user-agent seamonkey --no-check-certificate -O /dev/stdout "

$user_reply&tl=en" | mpg123 - else wget --user-agent seamonkey --no-check-certificate -O $1 "
$user_reply&tl=en" fi

OK, but what if I want to speak and record a complete text? script test1

#!/bin/bash

# Usage: # ./test1 songtext.txt

# define language of text file, uncomment as required # GERMAM= #languahe=de

# ENGLISH language=en

# FRENCH #language=fr

# DUTCH #language=nl

input="$1"

# delete any old index file rm mp3_list.txt

let i=0 while IFS= read -r line do # show where we are echo "$line"

# one line of text to one mp3 file wget --user-agent seamonkey --no-check-certificate -O t$i.mp3 "

$line&tl=$language"

# generate list of mp3 files one per line echo "file 't$i.mp3'" >> mp3_list.txt

let i=i+1

# pause between lines, leave this out if you want speed sleep 1 done < "$input"

# to playback all generated mp3 files in sequence: # let i=0 ; while [ 1 ] ; do mpg123 t$i.mp3 ; let i=i+1; sleep 1; done

# to combine mp3 files for playback # ffmpeg -f concat -safe 0 -i mp3_list.txt -c copy -y output.mp3

# to play everything # mpg123 output.mp3

Could do a whole book that way.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje