rp4 fresh install - cannot connect to any wlan

Hi,

today i install a fresh raspbian (debain buster) on my new rpi4. Kable Network is working well. Wlan settings are set - but it does not connect to any wlan.

"iwlist wlan0 scan" find my wlans as expected (and working with other wlan devices)

cat /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev update_config=1 country=US

network={ ssid="[my ssid]" psk="[my pw]" key_mgmt=WPA-PSK }

Does anybody has a idea for this?

Jan

Reply to
Jan Novak

Am 25.04.21 um 19:46 schrieb Jan Novak:

i forgot:

cat /etc/network/interfaces.d/wlan0

auto wlan0 allow-hotplug wlan0 iface wlan0 inet dhcp wpa-conf /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

Jan

Reply to
Jan Novak

A longshot, but is your SSID set for a channel (e.g. 13) that isn't licenced in USA?

Reply to
Andy Burns

What does iwconfig say? You seem to have ebverything where it should be

let them."
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

My Raspi doesn't work if I enable WPA3 in my Router.

--
"""""

"
"
"

Linux statt Windows
__
Ist wie eine Scheidung, Du verzichtest auf Annehmlichkeiten wie fertiges
Essen und Sex, aber Du hast Deine Freiheit wieder!
Reply to
miguel

Hi,

the AP is also set to US.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Novak

Am 25.04.21 um 20:30 schrieb The Natural Philosopher:

Yes, everything looks good, but no connection. As i say: my ssid will be listed in iwlist wlan0 scan

~:iwconfig lo no wireless extensions.

eth0 no wireless extensions.

wlan0 IEEE 802.11 ESSID:off/any Mode:Managed Access Point: Not-Associated Tx-Power=31 dBm Retry short limit:7 RTS thr:off Fragment thr:off Encryption key:off Power Management:on

Jan

Reply to
Jan Novak

hmm... i didn't know, that WPA3 is already on the market... My AP is set to WPA2 auth. What i dont understand: it is an new raspi, fresh debian without "anything" else... and not connecting...

Jan

Reply to
Jan Novak

Am 25.04.21 um 19:47 schrieb Jan Novak:

For all who had a similar problem: In my case: the dhcpd was not running - why the hell this on a fresh installed system?

Ok, after starting dhcpd -i got a connect and a ip Adresse.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Novak

So how did the cable network connect?

Reply to
Pancho

Actually I take that back, surely you need dhcpcd, ie the client demon as opposed to the server demon, dhcpd.

Reply to
Pancho

yeah post systemd the names changed.

I should try Devuan on the rpi4, just to see if it works...

--
(aka 'Bombastic Bob' in case you wondered)

'Feeling with my fingers, and thinking with my brain' - me

'your story is so touching, but it sounds just like a lie'
"Straighten up and fly right"
Reply to
Big Bad Bob

Devuan Beowulf works on a pi4, but it can be fun and games finding a copy :o

--
W J G
Reply to