Is this area on the backbone?

Hi All,

I was just wondering if this area is on the backbone? I've tried requesting it from my uplink on my BBS and get an area not available message. Is there an information file available for this area? I'd like to carry it if possible.

Thanks, Tim ciaamigabbs.dynu.net:6400

1:19/38
Reply to
Tim Grooms

On 2019 Jan 30 10:25:26, you wrote to All:

TG> I was just wondering if this area is on the backbone?

it is... you can always look in the most recent BACKBONE.NA file to see which message areas are carried on the backbone...

TG> I've tried requesting it from my uplink on my BBS and get an area not TG> available message. Is there an information file available for this TG> area? I'd like to carry it if possible.

you can feed from anywhere... all you need to do is set up an agreement and off ya go ;)

)\/(ark

Always Mount a Scratch Monkey Do you manage your own servers? If you are not running an IDS/IPS yer doin' it wrong... ... Mmmm. Roast Leg of Insurance Salesman!

Reply to
mark lewis

On 2019 Jan 30 15:51:56, you wrote to Tim Grooms:

RW> This is USENET, not part of Fidonet.

no shit, sherlock... however, the world doesn't live in your little block of acreage... there are numerous ways to read this and other newsgroups without accessing usenet ;)

)\/(ark

Always Mount a Scratch Monkey Do you manage your own servers? If you are not running an IDS/IPS yer doin' it wrong... ... "Fall seven times, stand up eight." ~ Japanese Proverb

Reply to
mark lewis

Hi Tim,

Yes, it is listed in backbone.na. Your uplink may not carry the area. You could ask if the area be added or connect with another link that does have it.

Reply to
Alan Ianson

This is USENET, not part of Fidonet.

Roger Bell_West

If you can't use software that quotes properly, kindly f*ck off back to BBS-land.

Reply to
mm0fmf

No there aren't. Your dumb time-agnostic fidonet/usenet gateway does the work for you.

Reply to
A. Dumas

What on earth are you on about? What area? What 'backbone'

--
There?s a mighty big difference between good, sound reasons and reasons
that sound good.

Burton Hillis (William Vaughn, American columnist)
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Andy Burns

On 2019 Jan 30 17:58:46, you wrote to me:

mf> If you can't use software that quotes properly, kindly f*ck off back to mf> BBS-land.

my software quotes quite properly... your's is quite shit, though... enjoy! :)

)\/(ark

Always Mount a Scratch Monkey Do you manage your own servers? If you are not running an IDS/IPS yer doin' it wrong... ... Any Co-SysOps here?" "Any more?

Reply to
mark lewis

On 2019 Jan 30 18:08:12, you wrote to me:

AD> mark lewis wrote: >> no shit, sherlock... however, the world doesn't live in your little block >> of acreage... there are numerous ways to read this and other newsgroups >> without accessing usenet ;)

AD> No there aren't. Your dumb time-agnostic fidonet/usenet gateway does the AD> work for you.

not mine, dumas[s?]...

)\/(ark

Always Mount a Scratch Monkey Do you manage your own servers? If you are not running an IDS/IPS yer doin' it wrong... ... The attention span of a computer is as long as its electrical cord.

Reply to
mark lewis

On 2019 Feb 02 08:16:04, you wrote to me:

AD> mark lewis wrote: ml>> On 2019 Jan 30 18:08:12, you wrote to me:

AD>>> No there aren't. Your dumb time-agnostic fidonet/usenet gateway AD>>> does the work for you.

ml>>not mine, dumas[s?]...

AD> The one you use, and every fidonetter seems to use.

we don't "use" it... not like you are thinking... anyone can set up a gateway and start gating any areas between networks... anyone posting in those gated areas will have their messages gated via any/all gateways connected to those areas...

AD> And yes, that's the joke.

there was a joke?

)\/(ark

Always Mount a Scratch Monkey Do you manage your own servers? If you are not running an IDS/IPS yer doin' it wrong... ... It's like chile heat. Build up a tolerance until you actually enjoy it.

Reply to
mark lewis

The one you use, and every fidonetter seems to use. And yes, that's the joke.

A. Dumas

Here's a solution: I'll add all you fidonet fuckwits to my killfile.

Reply to
A. Dumas

troll vs troll. popcorn, git yer popcorn!

I just use t-bird, works fine.

--
(aka 'Bombastic Bob' in case you wondered)

'Feeling with my fingers, and thinking with my brain' - me

'your story is so touching, but it sounds just like a lie'
"Straighten up and fly right"
Reply to
Big Bad Bob