ipv6

Re: ipv6 By: zeneca to All on Sun Jul 11 2021 11:34 am

I don't know how Raspbian maages it, but some distributions apply sysctl.conf and then load the networking modules, which overwrites the sysctl instructions.

Use sysctl -a | grep ipv6 once the system is up and running to check the variables are set as you want them to be.

--
gopher://gopher.richardfalken.com/1/richardfalken
Reply to

Hello, I have disabled ipv6 on my Raspberry, by configuring /etc/sysctl.conf, but still port 22 (ssh) is hold by tcp6. netstat show tcp6 ..22[ssh] ..1/init

? no more inet6 on ifconfig when I try starting sshd (/etc/ini.d/ssh or service ssh restart ) it fail by port already in use? Any idea? many thanks in advance

Reply to
zeneca

After reconfiguring a server like sshd, you need to restart it for the change to take effect: sudo systemctl restart sshd

and then: sudo systemctl status sshd

to check that the changed configuration is OK and sshd gas restarted correctly.

Have you done that?

--
Martin    | martin at
Gregorie  | gregorie dot org

If you just edited sysctl.conf, that setting won't take effect until you reboot or do 'sysctl -p'. And then restart sshd.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

I did and they look ok. Ifconfig without ipv6 seems that the changes are taken in account. Presently I am more thinking about a process started with ipv6 as parameter.

Reply to
zeneca

I did that and ifconfig without ipv6 seems to indicate it took in in account. I more thinking of a process (init)(sshd) that start with a ipv6 parameter.

Reply to
zeneca

Isn't that where closed connections go to wait for timeout?

What are you trying to achieve?

What commands are you using and what is the actual output you are seeing?

--
Brian Gregory (in England).
Reply to

First many thanks to everybody who answered. The problem is solved, it was due to me! installing tinyssh who to port

22 and kept running from the init process with tcp6. I removed tinyssh and hop it worked.
Reply to
zeneca