Latest threads in Raspberry Pi Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

how to have dio on raspberry
I have a brand new install of raspian, fresh install of apache2 + php +rrdools But the php script that ran well on a old version of rapian ( I had compiled both apache and php at that time) faile with...
10
10

SPI pulse conversion to hex, via GPIO
I'm developing a side-scan tide-gauge, using a cheapo laser "tape measure" ( lot of very clever tech squashed into a tiny hand-held unit) , hacking the SPI coding from the micro to the chip-on-glass...

Raspberry Pi official 7" touch screen
I have one of these, though I don't much like it and it's heading for eBay (unless someone wants to make me an offer I can't refuse). Are there other displays of a similar size that provide the same...
2
2

the big lie
Hello Nomen! Monday August 26 2019 03:21, you wrote to All: > The astonishing thing is that Mr. Churchill, a genuine John Bull, > holds to his lies, and in fact repeats them until he himself believes...
5
5

Headphone vs HDMI audio
Has anybody noticed a material difference in audio quality between the headphone jack and what comes out of the HDMI port? Obviously, a display with a poor audio circuit can corrupt a good signal, but...
32
32

YT: Cheap Crimpers: IWISS IWS-2820M against Engineer PA-09?
"Cheap or Expensive" Doesn't chip hair or 13 Amp ring main, this is for mini-crimps, as used in the maker community. R-Pi etc.... PA-09. Needn't have ;-(
1
1

problems creating wlan0 device
On a new installation on a old raspberry (the very first version) There is no wlan device, even after inserting a usb wifi device. Ifconfig shows only eth0 en lo. How to create the device? Shouldn't...
16
16

Wireless internet router ..
I would like to share mobile internet to ethernet devices and was thinking if that would be something one can do with rpi? Any examples around? Thanks!
49
49

Latest system updates!
Hello All! Since I updated the box with the current-ish set of updates I have lost screen output - screen says no connection. Have no issue logging in via ssh but would like to use the gui for some...
6
6

Solved: Laser-Faxmachine / All-in-one?
Hi everyone, please allow me to share my experiences with "All in one Fax-devices" here. After a really exciting and informative discussion about what to buy and how to use, I finally got a Brother...
5
5

ModMyPi bought by ThePiHut (ref. pico ups)
Just noticed that ModMyPi's URLs redirect and, sure enough, found a report from 20 June that ThePiHut has acquired their stuff. That may be a shame, depending on what ThePiHut does. ModMyPi made a...

Airspy USB on Raspberry Pi model 2B, doesn't work in Buster?
I've been using the Airspy ADS-B decoder on a model 2B with an early OS (Jessie?) for some time, without problems. The software is described here: => Using the ADSB decoder in embedded ARM boards As...
23
23

Pi4 i/o layout
What is the I/O setup on the new Pi4? Is it like the earlier Pi2/Pi3, with a single usb hub supporting all traffic? I gather it has a usb3 port, but it's unclear what upstream bottlenecks might be...
6
6

GPIO problem
I've been running a PI3 with a rain gauge attached for a few months now, and all seemed to be fine. However a few days back, it started going mad. I now appear to be getting something like 0.66 inches...
16
16

RPi media center
I currently have an RPi 3B Raspbian w/ 1600x900 monitor & computer speakers connecting via wifi to broadband cable in my computer room. I'm considering learning about using it as a media center using...
52
52