Latest threads in Raspberry Pi Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

ModMyPi bought by ThePiHut (ref. pico ups)
Just noticed that ModMyPi's URLs redirect and, sure enough, found a report from 20 June that ThePiHut has acquired their stuff. That may be a shame, depending on what ThePiHut does. ModMyPi made a...

Airspy USB on Raspberry Pi model 2B, doesn't work in Buster?
I've been using the Airspy ADS-B decoder on a model 2B with an early OS (Jessie?) for some time, without problems. The software is described here: => Using the ADSB decoder in embedded ARM boards As...
23
23

Pi4 i/o layout
What is the I/O setup on the new Pi4? Is it like the earlier Pi2/Pi3, with a single usb hub supporting all traffic? I gather it has a usb3 port, but it's unclear what upstream bottlenecks might be...
6
6

GPIO problem
I've been running a PI3 with a rain gauge attached for a few months now, and all seemed to be fine. However a few days back, it started going mad. I now appear to be getting something like 0.66 inches...
16
16

RPi media center
I currently have an RPi 3B Raspbian w/ 1600x900 monitor & computer speakers connecting via wifi to broadband cable in my computer room. I'm considering learning about using it as a media center using...
52
52

Mor on win 10 raspeberry pi SMB
I seems that: 1/. Win10 requires at least SMBV3 or it wont connect UNLESS - you tell windows ten to use SMB v1 2/. Windows ten will not 'browse' a network AT ALL. Yiou have to know where you want to...
10
10

HW timestamping (PTP/IEEE1588) on raspberry pi 4?
Hello, can anyone tell me if the new RaspberryPi4 is capable of hardware timestamping according to IEEE1588/PTP? Regards
9
9

Is the Pimoroni website broken?
Here I see "RASPBERRY PI 4", "FEATHER", "MICRO:BIT", and so on, all clickable on. But when I click on them the result is garbled.
11
11

Can't access share with username & password
Hi all, I have a Pi in our Windows network. I created a share on my Pi. I installed samba. In /etc/samba/ there is: [pishare] comment = Pi Shared Folder path = /home/pi browseable = yes guest ok = yes...
178
178

Disk weirdness
I'm having some fun and games with a new SSD connected to a Pi via USB. This has happened two days running, I've tried re-partitioning and re-formating the disk, but to no avail. I've got the disc...
37
37

Pi 4 won't work with some power cables
Is this really so? "Raspberry Pi 4 won't work with some power cables due to its USB-C design flaw "Did Raspberry Pi Foundation fail to test Raspberry Pi 4 properly? Either way, one expert says new...
1
1

Wrong workgroup name
Hi all, I'm using the Raspberry Pi (3, stretch) as a pi hole in our LAN. It has a static IP address on eth0. Wifi is not used. It works well. The only thing I notice is when I scan our LAN. There are...
6
6

Laser-Faxmachine / All-in-one?
Hi there, for printing, making copies and sending / receiving faxes from time to time, I am using an "All-in-one" Fax / Scanner / Laserprinter, HP MFPM 127 fn. After installing HPLIP it worked fine...
25
25

Panic Averted (for now)
I have been running WeeWX on a Pi 3B with Raspbian Stretch since early 2018. I do an automated Duplicity backup once-a-week, and a separate backup of my WeeWX files just before I update my software...
7
7

3.5" TFT touch screen
Has anybody got experience/recommendations for using any of the 4" or 3.5" TFT touch screens on an RPI and operating it outdoors? I ask because I'm wondering about replacing the Medion S3747 PNA,...
2
2