Subject Author Posted Replies

casio cz-1
Hello, Does anyone have a service manual or schematic for this keyboard? I have the book for a 101, but it is substantially different in the area I'm trying to troubleshoot and I'm rather lost at the...

Scott LK150
This beast is back on the bench for a cleaning and tune-up. The internal caps have been done long since, it is now about time to tackle the power-supply properly and cleanly - a task I have postponed...
2
2

RCA chassis CTC187CL3 AY will not power up.
When you plug in the AC you can hear a slight high freq osc start so I think that the SMPS is OK. There were no shorts around the HOT. I did find some bad gounds and at least one fairly serious ring...
2
2

CTX CHP1797/EX710F Monitor Repair TIP.
I have a color monitor CTX EX710F. If I replace 2SC5411, J449 transistors it works for about 10 minutes, then these components fail again. It has a wire labeled [A] which comes from the mainboard and...

Singer model 513 sewing machine problems
This machine most of the time sews fine except that on some ocaisions intermittently it will bunch up the thread underneath the cloth. I removed the bobbin case and noted that there are two small...
6
6

Zenith DTT-901 = FLAKY
Please note that I'm posting this simply out of frustration; I don't expect any solutions to these problems. I'm one of the zillions of analog TV owners who ended up with one of these DTV converter...
14
14

manufacturers of white LED's using the YAG: Ce phosphor?
Can anyone tell me which manufacturers of white LED's use the YAG: Ce phosphor to produce the white light? Thanks, Chris J.

Projector Lamp Substitute Load Troubleshoot 3M MP8650 350W EP1750 p/n 78-6969-8306-9
Are there any safe substitutes to use as a temporary load for LCD video projector lamps? What voltage is present for these types of projection lamps? I have experience and equipment for working with...

Kenmore Microwave Oven - 2 failures in 2 years
Hi Experts, This model 721.63252 301 has gone belly up for the 2nd time in 2 years. Both times it blew there was a pop, then a smell of overheated plastic and then a loud hum. I took it to Sears the...
49
49

Faulty Samsung SR-L3626B fridge-freezer
We have had our Samsung SR-L3626B fridge for about about 6 years. It has recently developed a strange fault whereby when it is powered on, the fridge and freezer will cool and compressor & fan will...
1
1

HP3478A input hybrid?
Hi all, anyone with a dead HP3478A DMM and willing to spare with the input hybrid (U102 = 1QF7-0067)? You can reply here or directly at

microwave magnetron dead?
no shorts between magnetron contacts or ground but when plugged it does not heat the oven contents and has loud hum Is it dead(how to make sure) or perhaps requires say 1v higher cathode heating...
16
16

OT: Electronic coded car locks
How many cars would I have to zap with my car door opener to find another one that it would work on? Or is every single car door zapper different? After having my car serviced at my local garage I was...
22
22

Re: Split HEX files..
Hi "JA" I am an assembly programmer for many years. Do you mean the first byte of each byte pair (word) as "low byte"? In other words, the splitter will create two separate files. The "low bytes" file...
1
1

ISO oddball cooler (or repair thereto)
Hi, I've got a SunPCi II (coprocessor board) that has a noisey cooler. So far, I've not been able to find a direct replacement -- nor anything else that comes close to the same form factor, etc. This...
4
4