Videorecorder problem - see pics

Hi

Frame taken from faulty VCR:

Same frame captured from another recorder:

What's wrong with the first VCR? Worn / dirty heads or anything else?

Reply to
Mino

Likely worn heads, when there is black streaking from white fast transitions like lettering edges.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Those two links were pictures of a Yamaha multi-track recorder????????

Reply to
Meat Plow

Yes they are and that recorder was used by a total incompetent.

Reply to
Mino

Were those pictures captured from the VTR in question? If so I guess I missed the point of the pictures.

Reply to
Meat Plow

The pictures are frames from a video, shot with a video-camera. That video was copied to a normal-sized VHS cassette. I played the videotape on 2 different VCRs and captured the exact same frame to show how one of my VCR behaves, compared to a working one.

Reply to
Mino

Note the tearing in the time/date text from the VCR. The Yamaha is just there to throw us off.

G=B2

Reply to
stratus46

Yeah I saw that on a second look. My fix would be to clean the video head. If that didn't do it, pull and replace it. I started out in the VTR repair world back when it took two people to life a U-Matic deck on the workbench.

Reply to
Meat Plow

On 03/08/2010 14:41, Meat Plow wrote: I started out in the VTR

Resuscitate? Kiss of life?

--
Adrian C
Reply to

LOL

--
This is a test sig
Reply to

Life...just saw that. Not a typo the t and e keys aren't together. More life a Freudian slip.

--
This is a test sig
Reply to