Dell 1905FP Monitor, How to open the cover and repair power-off

Heysan,

This newsletter is created just in case, if someone need the informations.

  1. How to open the cover

The monitor can be separated by sliding a thick guitar (plastic) pick along the edge where the two halves meet.

See perhaps picture ...

  1. How to repair power-off

I found 3 defect capacittors (10v 1000 µF), named C823, C824 and C825 and replaced them with 16v 1000 µF.

See perhaps picture ...

With kind regards, Mogens Kall, The servant of Michael.

-- Coming up news: Iran hit by a Asteroid. Iran is no more (Jer.49,34-) Last OUTPUT: 11419 news:4c541326$0$276$ snipped-for-privacy@news.sunsite.dk Info

Website
File no: 11423

Reply to
Kall, Mogens

How did you determine the capacitors were defective? Visually or test?

Reply to
Mat

Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2010, CET 02:40, GMT 00:40 news: snipped-for-privacy@nowherexcv.net

(Sorry, but my english is very bad, but I shall try to do my best:)

Well, ...

As You can see on my website, I found some advice, before I started, so I knew, what I perhaps should look after.

(The advise was not so easy to find and a "little" bit defuse.)

when I opened the cover, there were non capacitors (10v 100 µF), but on the output voltage, there was another one (10v 1000 µF).

It looked like, it was going to blow up, and this is normaly a sign of defect.

(2 other capacitore looked in the same way.)

So my answer is ... visually.

I tested then afterwards, and non of them seems to be wrong (on low voltage)!

But because of the advice, I replaced them, and the monitor then worked again ... :-)

File no: 11424

Reply to
Kall, Mogens

Thanks, English is fine. I remember I got a free 5.1 receiver and speakers that was not working. Found a bad cap (buldging) in the subwoofer and shorted speaker. Fixed good as new for basically nothing.

Reply to
Mat